We're pleased to announce that V1.08a patch has been released! Today is also the 1st anniversary since launch!
We've learnt many lessons thanks to feedback, reviews and guidance from the community. We're extremely grateful and will continue to listen for more feedback in the future.
1) Multiplayer lobby has been implemented! There's no longer a need to know any IP address. Server IP address will no longer be exposed even to the server player.
- Online multiplayer now requires you to be logged onto Steam to host or join a server.
- Private LAN multiplayer game is still available. IP address input is required.
- Known limitation: You can't host more than 1 online server under the same router. We'll deal with this limitation in time to come.
2) Fighters and bombers will no longer be rendered if the camera is too far above. Instead, their icons will take their place.
- Known issue: Camera indicator might render out of place in certain angles. We'll have to upgrade the minimap completely to eliminate this problem. We'll get on it asap and deploy in the next patch.
3) Ship/Unit tinting now appears when your camera is above a certain level. This is to allow you to quickly identify which ships are yours, which ships belongs to the enemy, allies or are neutral towards you.
4) Campaign and single battle mission AI now will have an additional layer of intelligence for using special abilities.
5) Ships will NO LONGER
move unnecessarily when clipped. Instead, they'll be pushed.
- Known limitation: There'll be cases where a ship can be completely blocked and will thus be stranded. We're testing several solutions to this problem and will deploy it asap when we've confirmed that it works properly in all situations.
6) Implemented multiplayer robustness component - which is threaded, to handle packet flow, floods and mitigate waiting time between each packet sent. This will greatly improve performance of multiplayer though a higher-end machine with a better CPU is still desired for multiplayer games.
- Corrected some of the tool tip text.
- Increased the height in which you can zoom out from.
(this is a long list but we'll cut it short.)
- Resolved UI glyphs appearing even when ship is destroyed
- Ship can no longer move while being set to dormant
- Fleets now have guard mode across multiplayer
- Fixed incorrect messages being reported when the fleet of another player is affected.
- Fixed a bug where standing orders aren't applied across the board in a fleet during multiplayer
- Fixed a bug in multiplayer where a request for fighters doesn't update the fleet view.
- Fixed multiplayer chat
- Fixed a bug where structures continue to build even when out of power.
- Fixed a coloration issue with multiplayer games.
- Fixed a bug where distortion particles are emitted in a multiplayer game even when the game is deactivated (alt+tab).
- Fixed a bug where single line objectives aren't properly hidden during the scoreboard sequence.
We'll like to thank everyone for your support! We'll be launching the Foresight Official Soundtrack as a DLC very soon (within the next 1-2 days).
V1.08 patch is split into part A, B and C.
For part B, a more solid AI will be introduced. Estimated time of deployment - early December.
For part C, the Foresight world will be livelier. More details to come after part B is deployed.
Meanwhile, please enjoy the new patch and have a great weekend!