Today, repairs on the bridge to Hungary have been completed. This means you can drive your very own Laika 601 Deluxe across the Hungary route right now! We are looking forward to seeing players share their screenshots as they explore. However, the new route is not the only addition, there are a variety of features that have been added to compliment the Hungary update.
The spray can is our first new addition. You will be able to purchase these from your Laika Dealership. However they can only stock a limited number of supplies so you’ll need to visit the shop often to make sure they have the colour you want.
If you have a red coat of paint on your Laika 601 Deluxe, you can spray a blue paint over it to mix the two colours and create a purple variant. Experimenting with colour mixing allows you to create some great personal designs.
You’ll also be able to spray paint the interior of your Laika 601 Deluxe
For those looking for a stylistic sheen, then you are going to want to slap some metallic paint on your Laika 601 Deluxe.
And finally, a special addition to the spray paint are the Decal boxes. The decal boxes allow for more customisation options for your Laika 601 Deluxe and come in several variants. From a classic checkerboard roof to flames.
The decal system is more than likely to be expanded upon throughout Early Access. Do let us know what kind of decals you would like to have in the comments below.
A big request from players has been to keep track of the distance traveled via an Odometer. We’re pleased to reveal that this is a part of the update.
Country branded items
Each region will now have their own brand identity as you travel across the three areas. Coffee from one region will have a graphic change to make players feel like they are truly entering another country. The Petrol stations now also change visually depending on the location.
New spawning system for abandoned cars
Abandoned cars now spawn more dynamically in the world. Eagle eyed drivers will need to keep an eye out for these as they can hold some valuable engine parts or replacement wheels.
When selecting a route, you may come across a scrapyard. If you have the tools, you can fix the mechanism at the front of the gate and enter the scrap yard to search for engine parts. Be cautious as using your own engine parts is a big risk of getting yourself stranded… But don’t you want to know what’s inside!?
New main menu background
The games menu now remembers where you have last saved and will create a background image to match the next area.
Jeremy has produced some excellent new tracks for Jalopy. You will be able to listen to them in the main menu or even in game on the radio. We hope you enjoy them and hope that as the game continues to grow, Jeremy will continue to provide some new music for the game.
You can head over to Jeremy’s website below:
Weight limit in the manual
The car manual has gone through a small overhaul. Various texture issues have been addressed and we’ve added some more functionality. Towards the back end of the manual you can check the weight limit of your car.
The uncle will now remain at the home garage
Unfortunately, the uncle has been causing some severe issues and we’ve had to ask him to stay at home. He may join you in the journey for the future but for now, he’ll simply walk you through the tutorial and then leave the car so you can journey without him.
And of course, Hungary! We’ve held back on revealing too much so players can explore the new country. However, we have created a brief summary video that shares some of the features mentioned above and just a couple of shots of the Hungary landscape.
We hope you enjoy exploring Hungary, we will be keeping an eye in the forums for any bugs or issues so please do let us know if you experience anything out of the ordinary. We hope you enjoy the update, the next major update planned is for the country of Yugoslavia.
Build Notes 0.512
- Added Hungary
- Added Decals
- Added Paint Cans
- Added Scrapyards
- Added Abandoned Car Spawning
- Additional Music from Jeremy
- Added Storage page to manual
- Added Country Specific Goods
- Added Odometer
- Added item in the back seat
- Petrol stations now spawn based upon country
- Changed daytime ambient audio
- Various oil Mix issues fixed
- Various Battery issues fixed
- Sleep texts fixes
- Car Tilting fixed
- Decals being deleted fixed
- Fixed Newspapers not displaying correct information
- Desktop Icon added
- Menu Music updated
- Front End Menu background now changes based on save location
- Uncle restricted from travel
- Fixed Manual flickering
- Increased Day Cycle from 15 minutes to 18
- Oil should now work and display correctly, with refueling reducing oil mix
- New Weather effects
Known possible issues:
- One of our machines had experienced some crashing when interacting with certain items. We nailed this down to directx9 on that machine. But it was working well on other machines. When launching on DirectX 11, there were no more crashes. We have added an option when loading the game to select which DirectX version you would like to launch the game in. if you experience any crashes, it might be that you have to choose a different DirectX at launch
- Black screen when changing graphical options – If this happens, alt tab out and force the game to close. The game will remember your graphical settings even if you force a close.
- Low FPS – Some users are still running the game with V Sync on and highest graphical settings. Turning V Sync off significantly decreases FPS loss at night (our machines here run at a minimum of 50FPS at night and experience upwards of 120FPS during the day).
- Passport at border – Sometimes the game will not allow you to pick up the passport once you get to a border patrol. This seems to be an issue when completing an entire run from start to Hungary. The workaround for this is to save and exit if you are unable to pick up the passport, loading up will fix the issue. We are looking to fix this.
As always, if you come across any issues do let us know in the forums and we will do everything we can to help.
UPDATE 22nd July 2016:
Thank you to all who have been patient with us and provided us with reproduction steps for certain issues. We have made progress and anticipate a few new fixes in this latest hotfix. The fixes include the list below:
- Fixed several issues where battery functionality at 0% was causing components to think that they could still work (caused hazard and engine horrible sound bugs
- Fixed passport being broken after crossing the first border
- Fixed a lack of collisions on the Germany to CSFR border tunnels
- Uncle should no longer complain if the radio is too loud
- Rain Audio should no longer continue into sunny days
- Fixed a decal still having debug text present
- Using the scrapyard engine no longer destroys components but instead uses 1 lt fuel, and 10% battery charge
- Scrapyard engine gates now better displays information regarding what is wrong with the gate engine
- No more tiny tyres on abandoned cars
- Scrapyard items no longer mess up engine components in the car
- Fixed some interaction issues between removing a component from its holder and placing it down too quickly
- Fixed inventory save/load issue: Inventory wasn't clearing the recorded data for the country you purchased a tradeable good in, so when swapping that out with another item (I.e a bottle of water) it would try to assign a country ID to it and get stuck.
If anyone has any issues, please do keep letting us know. We thank you all for getting involved in the development of Jalopy.