The Version 0.205.1923 is now available
As promised in our last annonce, a new Black Ink release is out!
The most important new features are customizable layout, multi-monitor support and stroke smoothing.
List of changes :
- New DirectX11 renderer when available
- New Hold Z shortcut: set the drawing smoothness
- New The Controller Editor can now be dragged out of Black Ink’s main window. More panels will have this behavior in future versions.
This feature shows the new Stacking capacity for such windows in Black Ink. However, some controls/editors are fixed to their place to keep a consistent UI.
- New Ctrl+← shortcut: Toggle Black Ink main window left panel
- New Ctrl+↓ shortcut: Toggle Black Ink main window bottom panel
- New Ctrl+→ shortcut: Toggle Black Ink main window right panel
- New M shortcut: Toggle Brush Manager panel ( for the moment this panel is fixed and can’t be dragged out )
- New Ctrl+T shortcut: Transform current selection
- Improved Framerate when drawing.
- Black Ink window can be resized by the dragging the top border
- In the transform tool, after clicking a command button (like “flip horizontally”) the focus is not tied to this button anymore, so that pressing Enter validates the current transform.
- You can now click on the brush and eraser icon in the top right part of Black Ink to directly select the last brush or the eraser ( same as B and E shortcut )
- An option have been added in the Zoom tool to enable/disable zooming at more than 100%.
- When using the Save command on a document which isn’t a BKD, the program automatically transforms the command into a Save As.
- Fixed Sometimes when doing Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V on big images, the copied content isn’t polluted with some invalids squares anymore.
- Fixed The Color Blending mode doesn’t output blocky results when using dark color
- Fixed Crash in trial version when saving when the trial time has expired ( issue )
- Fixed Random crash after loading a BKD
- Fixed Crash when importing a grayscale JPG
- Fixed Several ( all ? ) random crashes when using the program
- Fixed If the Selection or Transform properties are opened in the sidebar panel, clicking the "Show Brush manager" has effect ( issue )
- Fixed When hovering the Selection and Transform tools, the popups can disappear under the cursor, and you can only get them back by moving the cursor out of the panel and back into it. ( issue )
- Fixed With multiple monitor, the Black Ink Window is moved to another monitor when activating the application.
This new version was a lot of work because we added some substantial internal features, which led to significant changes in the core - but it was well worth it because it will allow us to integrate powerful features more easily!
Black Ink’s OpenGL renderer is also underway, and will eventually lead to the Mac OS X version.
Anyway thank you for your support and patience.
See you soon