Ok - thanks to all the beta testers we've just pushed V0.2 (build 135) onto the main branch. WOOT!
We finally made it! So much has gone into this update it won’t actually fit into this announcement so I've put the bullet points below and will link to a change log asap
– completely overhauled this and changed it to Crusades
Crusades now includes the following activity types:
• Fleet Battle
• Survival Battle
• Challenge – these come in various sub-forms like treasure or hill climb.
Crusades 1 & 2 are available, we’re working on 3 & 4 and hope to roll 3 out within a couple of weeks or so with 4 coming a little time after that.
– as we’ve changed the game so much all your current save data is now redundant unfortunately. Your ships will be fine but your star ratings will be deleted. Sorry.
Good news everyone: you get to beat them betterer in our new crusade mode – We’ve lifted the restrictions here so you can play any challenge with ANY ship you like. Oh yes.
– these now actually do Melee damage which meant a change in their collision data, which may give some of your ships issues. If your ship gets instantly destroyed when you set sail, remove these blades and try again. Essentially you are not allowed to put anything underneath the actual blades now, before we you were.
– any block not actually attached via an actual attach point (i.e. cheating) will drop off.
– Players can now make their own translation mods! We've added the instructions to the "Localisation and You" Sub-forum so go check it out if you fancy translating our little game into your own language or even just a comedy language version!
– We’ve added a bunch of cool mechanical blocks including a pivot joint, grabber, spring detonator, winch & chain and various rotating blocks. We’re hoping these will fuel your collective creative genius and manifest into some simply jaw dropping ships!
We did a few videos but I'm reasonably sure you guys will do much better:
– Melee weapons now do damage to other blocks and we’ve added a number of new melee blocks to boot. I think you’ll like the spiked roller of doom….
– YES! It’s in finally! You can collect ‘things’ with it and use it to pull your enemies closer before you hit them with a devastating massive spiked ball to the peanuts.
Rockets / torpedoes
– new blocks, try them and see. We like to put the mine on the end as a warhead…
– you can now change all blocks and controls to whatever you like via the new key assignments windows. Press ALT whilst hovering over a block to bring it up.
– yes we’ve done some of these too
There’s a load of other smaller tweaks, changes, rewrites, fixes & improvements but I’ll let you experience that yourself as you play
Ok, get playing and give us your feedback!!