Hello Awesome People!
For the Early Access, we have deployed FaceRig 0.984b build 451 on the main branch. It has the fancy new UI and a lot of bug fixes (and hopefully less new bugs :P ). The program manual has also been updated to reflect this. The latest change-log is at the end of the announcement.
TF2 Scout avatar!
Because Valve is awesome, we were allowed to add the FaceRig Team Fortress 2 Scout avatar to the free FaceRig TF2 avatar DLC! :D.
The new, more relaxed EULA is live!
The new EULA
relaxes some of the existing commercial use limitations of the face-tracking output as follows:
- FaceRig Classic output is no longer no-profit only: it can now be used for limited online monetization on Twitch , YouTube and such, as long as the gross monthly revenue made from that is under the equivalent $500 USD (if you make more, you will have to upgrade to Pro). This should help starting streamers and YouTubers who do not yet make enough revenue to pay for the tools they use when streaming :).
- FaceRig Pro output is no longer always under Creative Commons (unless you want it to be).
Our beloved Community Manager Jujubi will update the program descriptions on all Steam pages to reflect these changes ASAP.
FaceRig v 0.984b Change log:
We will list only the latest fixes (from today). If you are interested in the full (huge) cumulative list of bugfixes since the last main branch update: it is here
FaceRig v 0.984b (build 451 Holotech Studios - Feb 25 2015)
- default noise-gate threshold set to -9 from 0 (it is counter-intuitive, but 0 is quite a high value for a noise-gate)
- added Team Fortress 2 Scout avatar (check out the TF2 dlc pack)
- (DX11) spot lights now work (Dx11 is not really experimental any-more)
- motion blur strength is set to 0 by default
- The advanced tracking sliders no longer break if the top and bottom interval values are brought too close together.
- The asymmetric tracked expressions on the left side of the now vary in the same range with ones on the right side of the face. Symmetrical settings of the advanced tracking sliders should get you symmetrical results.
- at 640 x 360 resolution the motion blur is glitchy. A ghost like figure of the avatar is displayed. A quick fix to this is to set the motion blur strength to a minimum value. To do this, go to Environments dialogue, Post-processing tab, Misc tab and set the motion blur strength slider to the far left.
- Karaoke playlist panel can only be closed from the close button on the panel. If you try hiding it by re-clicking the Karaoke button on the side menu, the playlist becomes invisible, but the buttons still have actions binded.
- if you start play performance and while it is playing you start exporting a performance, the replay bar remains onscreen with no way of hiding it (close button does not work).
- If you have upgraded from the previous program version and the sound based lipsync does not work , please remember to re-set your noise gate threshold (this does not affect new users)
That's about it for today awesome folks :). Let us know what you think either here or on the Forum :)
We wish you a kick-arse week,
The FaceRig Team.