CPUCores version 1.3.1 Update
CPUCores has been updated! This is a major update to the software. Below are the update notes for 1.3.1 + 1.3.0 updates:
- Added feature distinction between AMD and Intel CPUs.
- Better support for CPUs over 4 cores.
- Full Launcher Support - CPUCores will now automatically scan for games triggered via a launcher for 120 seconds after "START GAMES" is clicked. This includes full support for games like GTAV, Minecraft, Skyrim w/SKSE, etc.
- Ability to "CPUCores It" to games which are launched outside of CPUCores. This includes games such as Minecraft's server, games which use a web browser to launch, and more.
- Major improvements to OS constraining methods, including specific attention to key Windows services, important Windows input processes, and more.
- You can now constrain CPU resources to your web browser + flash players. This includes Chrome, Firefox, and IE. More browsers can be added depending on usage.
- Advanced CPU core-targeting feature added for games which require a specific set number of cores, no more or no less.
- Twitch streaming support added via stream software (OBS) CPU isolation. You can now ensure that OBS will not "step into" CPU used by your game, and vice versa if enabled. No more FPS drops due to streaming software CPU spikes!
- Improved Steam Game Detection.
- Ability to Whitelist an application to be ignored by CPUCores.
- Ability to run CPUCores in the background should you only want the OS optimization and not anything game specific.
- ... as well as more minor changes.
: You may wish to rebuild your CPUCores configuration file after this update. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Close CPUCores
- Open Windows Explorer
- Open the following folder: %appdata%\CPUCores
- Delete the following file: cpucores.data
- Restart CPUCores
I'd like to thank everybody on the Steam discussion forums as well as all the private messages/emails I've received offering feedback, ideas, and overall just being awesome. Many of these updates are the result of direct feedback from YOU, the Customer, and for that I am very thankful.
I'm extremely excited for this update as well as the many more updates that will happen as CPUCores functionality grows!