Smugglers 5 - Update V. 1.7
Smugglers 5: Secession and Smugglers 5: Invasion have both received an update today to version 1.7.
Please note that old save games are not compatible, sorry.
Smugglers 5 is the fifth instalment in the turn-based science-fiction space trading game series. Will you be a greedy trader, an ambitious fleet pilot or a ruthless pirate? Board enemy ships, manage factories, conquer star systems and forge your own galactic empire - ultimately, your actions will have an impact on a galactic scale.
Smugglers 5 1.7:
- Technical revisions (Sourcecode and compiler)
- Bug fixed: There were some rare reports on Windows 10 when at startup the game showed error messages looking for a file, which was correctly in the game folder.
Smugglers 5 1.6b (Invasion only)
- Bug fixed (Invasion): In the Smugglers 5 Invasion DLC: "Warrior Within" there was a freezing bug in the "Golden Claw" storyline when you Stoyline step "Fraz Trokar (1)" when you Visited the moon in the Hrrashnath system.
- Bug fixed (Invasion): In the Smugglers 5 Invasion DLC: "Warrior Within" the descriptions for the stories Golden Claw and Warrior Within were reversed.
- Bug fixed (Invasion): There as a freeze when revisiting the Rasguul Base exploration story (in one of the three available storylines for this planet).
- Bug fixed (Invasion): Graphic bug where there were switched left/right pictures for Jalkath carrier
- Bug fixed (Invasion): There was a reference to 5 factions when you founded your pirate empire (in Invasion there are only 2 + your own faction).
Smugglers 5 1.6 (Invasion only):
- New DLC: Smugglers 5 Invasion DLC: "Warrior Within". This DLC is a compilation of background stories and is named after the first of the three stories. Upon installation the player can choose to play one of three short but dynamic and multiple-pathed background stories, which will lead the player through the game.
- Important information: In some rare cases it appears that due to a Steam bug on some PCs the windows in the game are not locked, like they should be. If opening a window while another one is opened, this will create a "modal" event/error message and previous windows can no longer be opened. This may cause a lot of weird errors in the game and may make the whole game look messy! This is a Steam library issue and no bug in the game! It´s possibly a compatibility problem between Steam and Windows. To solve this I suggest to uninstall Steam and all Steam games. Then reinstall Steam and the game in a newly created Steam Library (e.g. C:\NewSteamLibrary). Alternatively you can use the DRM-free version from "www.nielsbauergames.com"
(when purchasing you also get a Steam key).
You can find more details and a complete list of changes here:
In other news please check out our DLC: