This update took a little longer than usual. The reason for this is that instead of the usual piece by piece improvements and additions we like to do, we've worked hard to add a huge chunk of content, focusing razor-sharp on a single area of the game.
So which area is it? It's derelicts, derelicts and even more juicy derelicts!
We've added a lot of features and content to the salvaging gameplay onboard derelicts. Besides opening up the movement from left-right to full 360 Degrees, we've added large procedurally generated mazes that let you explore deeper inside the derelicts. You can now scavenge tons of equipment and items onboard, but you'll have to explore the darkest and dangerous corners to find the best loot.
You are now equipped with both an Afterburner and a Gun you can use while EVAing for salvage. Hold -CTRL- to use the Afterburner, but keep an eye out for your fuel! You'll be able to find canisters or other items to refuel during your exploration, so don't worry too much. Still, it's always good to keep a little reserve in case you need to make a quick escape.
You can fire your gun by pressing -SPACE-, but we won't tell you what that might be useful for. Perhaps you should practice your aiming by blasting some of the walls first, before exploring the darker corners of the ship?
You can also hold -F- to activate the Scanning Drone. It will scan the area and light the direction to possible lifesigns or other objects it detects.
Besides the huge derelict additions, there are a couple more smaller changes as well. Check out the full list below:
New Derelict Gameplay / Features
- Added free 360 Degree movement
- Added exploring deeper inside derelict, with procedural mazes
- Added shooting while exploring ( Press -SPACE- )
- Added an Afterburner ( Hold -CTRL- )
- Added Scanning Drone and active scan ( Hold -F- )
- Added particle effects for Afterburner/Suit/Shooting
- Added suit health, afterburner fuel and battery charge
- Added atmospheric color lighting
- Added new Falcon animations for Movement/HUD/Shooting
- Added special HUD with various states and information
- Added tons of stuff to find, loot and scavenge
- Added tutorial text for using derelict equipment
- Added option of leaving derelict on both sides
- Added more room backgrounds for maze
- Added basic physics system for floating objects
- Added hue of global lighting effect to objects
- Fixed technical timing issues, so derelicts run at fixed speed
- Added SPOILER to rescue
- Added SPOILER to fight
Fixes / Improvements
- Added more variety to loading screens
- Fixed technical timing issues on stations as well
- Fixed accepting towing missions with all tractor beams
- Fixed a crash on entering derelict
We're also changing the price of the game to $12.99 or your regional equivalent with this update.
Thanks to Amaranth, Naratlos, Iroido_Soner, Eppiox, Simon and everyone else on the Steam forums for your feedback and bug reports!
Now get your EVA suit on and go scavenge some derelicts!