-----WILL UPDATE UPON THE RELEASE-----
Before I start, take into the consideration that the game just hit Alpha and many things may and will change.
How do I even being? Oh..
Let's start with the price tag at this moment (Alpha) - 22,19€ - in my opinion, you will get your money's worth by buying it right now. I mentioned in my pre-alpha 2 review how it was worth 15€ and Alpha just got released making the game ten times the fun it was before (in my opinion).
There's a tutorial level with a nice touch at the end (something for Dark Souls fans), first stage, lengthy second stage with (currently) not-really-balanced-yet-killable boss which provides challenge, and a new 3rd stage with a really interesting fight at the end and a big chunk of lore in general. I will also add that if you like challenge, every stage has few loot rooms. They provide both that challenge you might be looking for as well as phat loot. And yes, there are hidden loot rooms as well.
The difficulty of the content really depends on YOUR skill. If you'll take some time to learn how the crafting works (especially now, in Alpha, since Synthesize has been turned 180 degrees around and is really different) or how the spells can be combined in combos (Singularity has been introduced) - you'll achieve that "bad-♥♥♥" feeling really quickly, obliterating everything on your way (the content may seem easy for those, however it doesn't have to). Now, if you're one of the "I don't want to study a game before playing it" - you'll be perfectly fine, however that "bad-♥♥♥ mofo" thing might take you longer (you'll still have to craft once in a while, of course).
Yet again, remember that the mobs you kill are to be treated like some minor minions in Diablo (trash in some mmorpgs), while the bosses at the end (or loot rooms/mini bosses) are there to (in the end) provide the challenge.
• Combat, combat, combat - it's simply the best magic-based combat I've seen so far. You will really feel like a badass mage if you'll manage to craft the proper spells and combine them with each other. Learning how to properly use your Blink or how to time your Block feels really rewarding and will only enhance your gameplay and fun you get from it.
• Challenge - the game is constantly getting more difficult as your progress, making you craft and fight better till you feel like a badass. Even then, there are still loot rooms and minibosses, ready to stomp you into the ground if you won't focus.
• Voice actors - Clancy Brown, Troy Baker, Jennifer Hale, Gina Torres. Yup...
• Community and the developers themselves - if you feel like providing feedback (duh, Early Access), rest assured, your feedback will be read and taken into consideration (if valid). These guys actually monitor the forums and every thread there is. Now, as a member of the community, I can assure you that it is one of the best communities I've ever seen. I've yet to see a thread that hasn't been answered. And, if you're having any problems with the game, be sure to ask for help and you shall receive it.
• Balancing (less spell balancing than in pre-alpha 2, however more crafting balancing)
• Tutorial section lacks the explanation of the crafting system.
• Bugs, animation glitches, etc (duh)
• Lore is cheesy at times (still a lot of it to be implemented [important note: lore can be changed as it was between pre-alpha 2 and alpha so take that into consideration]).
That's it for now. I will update this review as the game goes into further stages of Early Access.
If you'll have any questions regarding the game - feel free to ask them on the forums or even here, under this review. I'll try my best to answer them :).