Okay, Take the classic Fallout games and Combine them with Dungeons and Dragons.
Now you have NEO Scavenger.
NEO Scavenger is an overall fantastic game.
If you enjoyed the classic Fallout games or if you enjoy playing tabletop RPGs such as DnD this game may appeal to you.
NOTE: This review is based solely on my opinion, Do not be angry with me if you do not agree with my opinions.
- Retro Graphics to deliver a sense of Nostalgia. (Some people love em others hate em.)
- Advanced Character Creation (Very similar to Project Zomboid)
Traits and Flaws system makes endless character potential
Traits can help you survive, Such as using a skill to make fires from scratch
- Complete Open World
Move Spaces much like a tabletop RPG
- Entriguing Lore
- Awesome Choice-Based Turn Combat
- Choices in Encounters allow for Interesting Outcomes
- Good Inventory System, As well as Injury.
- Fresh Scavenging System
Use Skills + Items to increase items found, Random events while scavenging (Roof Collapse)
- Cruel Learning Curve (Not Necessarialy bad, Personally I like it.)
- Relatively Short Storyline (Still in Progress)
- Somewhat Linear Start
Would be nice to be able to create your own character and spawn at a random location
- Esscentials are difficult to find
Overall I would say this game is a solid 9/10,
This game is worth buying if you are
A: A fan of older Fallout games
B: A fan of Tabletop RPGs
D: A Bad Mutha