“It's a great idea well executed...so many satisfying moments...you should probably think about buying it if you're into arena shooters - frankly, it's a damn good one.”
“Disco Dodgeball feels like an utter revelation, a lightning bolt aimed to shock FPS developers from their creative slumber”
9/10 – IndieHaven
“It's as amazing as you would expect.”
Acerca de este juego
Disco Dodgeball is a ridiculously fun first-person sports shooter set in a dance club. All combat is one-hit-kill projectile warfare and your only ammo is the ball you are holding. Dodge, deflect and catch enemy fire, perform 360 no-scope stunt shots, and equip homing dodgeballs and jetpacks to dominate your opponents in a wide variety of multiplayer and singleplayer modes.
Please note: A frequent concern of new predominantly-multiplayer games is that they won't have a large enough community to support them long-term. I've built the game in particular ways to specifically address that: Matches are jump-in, jump-out so there's no waiting for opponents. You can create your own public room with the click of a button. There are three difficulties of AI bots to fill empty slots. Matches are fun whether you have 4 or 12 (the max) number of players in a room - you don't need 32 people in one room to have a meaningful match. All game modes work on all maps, and you can vote for your favorites or set it to shuffle. What all this means is you'll very likely be able to find or create the match you want. And this is of course in addition to the singleplayer modes that can give you dozens of hours of playtime even if you never want to play online.
- Arcade It's you versus waves of randomized opponents & powered-up bosses. Take them out with trick shots and earn DodgeBux to spend on unlockable superpowered upgrades like EMP dodgeballs, higher jumps or score multipliers. As you play you'll discover powerful combinations of perks that even the odds in your favor. Every KO nets you a few seconds of slow-motion time to perform some insane mid-air helicopter catch and keep your combo streak alive. Includes a leaderboard for the highest-scoring players.
- Juggernaut Tough day? This mode is the ultimate stress relief. You get two minutes of invincibility as you decimate a room full of dummy bots and rack up a high score. Practice your long-range shots, combos and multikills.
- Air Raid You get an unlimited jetpack and must fly around and perform aerial stunt shots on the enemy team. They'll fight back - but you'll also have AI-controlled teammates that pass you dodgeballs from the ground, allowing you to perform high-scoring alley oops.
- Fugitive Grab the golden ball and RUN! Survive for as long as possible against enemy bots that will hunt you down relentlessly. They throw unblockable fireballs, but you're given extra boosting and jumping power to perform evasive maneuvers.
- Horde The rules are simple: You've got one life and must score as high as possible against increasingly difficult AI bots. This is the true test of a dodgeballer's skills.
- Bot Match Allows you to create a solo match using any of the multiplayer settings and play against various difficulties of AI-controlled enemies and teammates.
- Deathmatch Classic Deathmatch mode. Just get as many KOs and catches as you can.
- Score Battle Each KO is worth different points depending on the difficulty of the trick shot (mid air, helicopter, ricochets, combos, dunks, etc.)
- Elimination The original dodgeball mode. Get hit once and you're out for the round, but catching a ball will resurrect a teammate. Last team alive wins.
- Hoops Grab the golden ball and toss it through the enemy goal ring to score a point. It's like basketball and rugby mashed together.
- Super Ball It's basically keepaway: Grab the golden ball and survive as long as possible. The enemy team will coordinate to take you out, but you can also pass the ball to a teammate who is on the other side of the arena. Get one point for each second you hold the ball.
- Capture The Cube Grab the enemy power cube from their base and bring it back to your own. You can take out approaching enemies by chucking the cube at them. A good strategy is to divide your team into attackers, defenders, and bodyguards.
- Grand Prix A racing mode where you need to power slide and boost your way around a checkpoint course, all while dodging enemy fire.
- Free Online Multiplayer with one-click server setup and LAN support
- Powerups like Jetpacks, Huge Dodgeballs, Laser balls, and homing dodgeballs. Pick them up randomly or enable as permanent arena modifiers
- Team-based and free-for-all variants of most multiplayer modes.
- Ten different dance club combat arenas that pulse to the beat of an amazing electronic music soundtrack
- 60 Achievements to earn
- Moustaches and sunglasses for your robot
- Monster truck announcer to hype up your killstreaks
- AlienFX-equipped computers will glow and pulse to match the arena lights
PHOTOSENSITIVITY WARNING: This game contains lots of flashing lights. You can enable photosensitive mode in options / video. This will disable lasers, bright explosions and other lights that pulse to the beat of the music.