Lire la suite
6 août 2014
We wanted to share with you the latest progress report with the development of Dungeon of the Endless. Indeed, we have been super proud to reach the Beta recently and would like to reassure some of you, longing for the next update!
We have been rather quiet for mainly two simple reasons: some of us have been away or will be soon going on holiday, but also to show and talk about our games at Gamescom (Germany) and Unite (USA). This requires a lot of organisation on our side and we're just working really hard to get a game build ready (it's always nice to show a new version of the game at an event!). Secondly, as you all know, we've recently reached the Beta and have started the implementation of some heavy features:
- Co-op multiplayer mode: after several gameplay iterations, we're starting to have something that is quite enjoyable! We're currently fixing several bugs before we can release it in a public update. We still have several improvements we'd like to implement as well but yeah, we're getting there
- Tactical map: AT LAST. And it's working too, but we're still working on the visuals
- Improved Crystal phase: we're testing several changes with the VIPs
- A score journal: work in progress
- Several improvements: we've implemented several small improvements requested by the community (but we'll let you know in due time!)
- The remaining promised game content: we're not going to shed a tear, but we've added the last heroes and environment for the release
- Balancing: singleplayer and multiplayer, but also spaceship wise (we should be working on that in the long run, until the release)
Tl;dr: there's still a lot to come but you'll have to wait a little before you can try out the new additions/changes.
Stay tuned however: we might have cool surprises for you. :)
Lire la suite
7 juillet 2014
Are you ready for a new creation competition? In the latest update, we implemented a new game option: spaceships that you can actually unlock! They bring new game modes with special gameplay effects, new starting configuration and visuals for even more diversity and more fun of course.
Today, we want to call on your creativity to create an extraordinary new spaceship for Dungeon of the Endless!
The creation contest will be divided in 2 parts:
- The gameplay (rules, stats, etc.)
- The packaging (visual, name, description, etc.)
PART 1 - GAMEPLAY
In order to propose an interesting variety of challenge for the player, here is a quick reminder of the spaceship in game and a glimpse of the others which are planned for the release [spoiler alert!]. The aim is to find ideas not too similar to the already existing ones:
- The Infirmary: no end turn auto heal, more HP, drugs
- The Armoury: 4 heroes at start, no free hero, no offence module
- The Drill: no production module at start, endless floors
- The Library: focus on research / modules, heroes "lethal as canaries"
- The Refreezerator: 1 hero in the entire game, but undying… or nearly!
There are different properties to define in the gameplay aspect of your spaceship:
- Code name: the final name will be given in Part 2
- Special gameplay rules: see below
- Number of heroes at start (1 to 4)
If it's relevant:
- Global statistics modifiers (attack power, health, defence, etc. of heroes / mobs / modules)
- Starting modules (and unavailable modules)
- Starting items (and unavailable modules)
- Starting FIDS and FIS incomes
The special gameplay rules are obviously the most important part of the entry. The idea is to find a way to use the current features and elements already available in the game and rearranged them to create a new way to play it. Try to keep it simple! A good concept can be summarised in one sentence.
/!\ Entries need to be posted in this thread: http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/showthread.php?33511-Spaceship-Creation-Contest
We will select 3 of your proposals then organise a GAMES2GETHER vote! You may submit several entries but are limited to three! Also make sure you keep all your entries in one post!
Please note however that Amplitude reserves the right to modify the 3 proposals and will work with the winner to finalise the design and adapt it to development constraints.
We will be closing the thread on July 15th, at midday (Paris time!)
Winners of Part 1 et Part 2 will:
- Get their names in the game credits
- Win a cool Dungeon of the Endless T-shirt and buttons
- Three Steam copies of the Dungeon of the Endless - Founder Pack: so you can play with your friends once the multiplayer is released!
Best of luck to all of you!