This week will be packed with events and news. Let's start off with a major update -- introducing R42 with HANDICAPPED CHARACTERS! The 5 original runners now have Golden Versions which unlock by getting tons of XP. Odds are you're really good at SpeedRunners if you unlock them, you can show off your skills with... sparkles. We will let the community hunt these down to make screenshots.
Release log for r42:
* Added 5 handicapped characters, unlocked by getting a lot of XP.
* Made throwing fireballs up slopes and in corridors easier
* You can now deflect fireballs with a well-timed explosion
* improved bots a little bit.
* there's now a 0.25 second delay after picking up an item during which you cannot pick up
* A new item usable when you play as Gold Characters
* improved stunned movement behaviour
* reduced the duration of the taunt from 3.5 seconds to 1 second
* re-worked the right section of SS Royale
* tweaked some areas in Plaza
* Various improvements to Prototype 2
* you can now move the camera with the mouse and gamepad
* press ESC to quit
* You can now switch themes from inside the editor
* you can now switch from multiplayer to singleplayer (and back) inside the editor
* multi-threaded checkpoint editing (making it less laggy)
* checkpoint editing provides a bit more feedback
* fixed an obscure bug: dieing right after a respawn
* fixed a bug where some players could not edit their control scheme
* fixed a crash when zooming all the way out in checkpoint editing mode
* fixed some bugs related to muting
* fixed a bug that disallowed publishing levels
* fixed bouncing up on slopes while frozen
We also added a nice little update box to the main screen. This will have very relevant updates, for example the upcoming King of Speed match.
At the moment of posting everyone is running around the office screaming because some of you may have their XP reset. Whoops. Working on fixing this!
If you noticed multiple updates being downloaded, that's because we had to do a rollback due to a bug that wiped some people's XP progress. If you were affected please let us know in this thread
. We're working on fixing this before pushing it live again.