Daha fazlasını oku
30 Haziran 2014
Hear ye, hear ye, oh noble Lords and Ladies of the Chivalry Community.
The entry period to the Fortification Team Objective Map Contest has come to a close today. Over 45 maps featuring peasant killing, king slaying, town pillaging, ballista shooting, and all other sorts of medieval mayhem have been submitted for a chance to bring home the grand prize of $10,000 USD.
45 maps. That is crazy! All of us here at Torn Banner are incredibly excited to see such an awesome turnout for the contest, and have really enjoyed seeing the progess that content creators have made in these few short months.
Over the next few weeks, all the contenders will be in rotation on the custom map servers dedicated to the contest. Make sure to join a server in your region. There are specific testing times in which we encourage people to not only play these awesome maps, but to also give feedback to the map creators in their forum thread. We will be awarding the super rare peasant hat model to playtesters who post constructive criticism in the contestants feedback thread.
Official testing times are:
Wednesday: 3-6 PM EST
Friday: 3-6 PM EST
Sunday: 3-6 PM EST
We will be testing and judging in the official custom content servers over the next few weeks anonymously with the community. During this time, you are allowed to make tweaks, adjustments, and updates to your map at your own risk. If the map isn't functional when play-tested, it will be disqualified from the contest.
Best of luck to the contestants, and we’ll see you on the Fortification Map battlefields!
Full list of entrants:
P.S. All the lords and ladies who submitted a map for the contest by the deadline will receive a peasant hat as well.
Daha fazlasını oku
28 Mayıs 2014
<span style="color: #ff8c00;">Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 27</span>
***Focus on Fixes and Improvements!***
<span style="color: #ff8c00;">Gameplay
<span style="color: #ff8c00;">General
- Adjusted the low health Post Process chain to not desaturate your screen as much. This is to help people not hit their teammates as much while they have low health
- Fixed archer bots on server. They will actually hit players now with ranged weapons.
- The reach for the halberd and quarterstaff now displays properly in the weapon selection menu.
<span style="color: #ff8c00;">Maps</span>
<span style="color: #ff8c00;">Outpost</span>
- Boiling oil splash now shows on servers
- Fixed 1p double axe sprint animation
- Fixed crash caused by a reference from an uncleanedup AOCView_Frontend_Customization into the world
- Players would experience a crash joining a match after having visited the customization menu
- Fixed a variety of carried weapons visibility in 3rd person
- Reverted back to old Mason brown primary colour.
- Re-positioned Mason barb archer helmet to prevent clipping
- Brightened mason vanguard barb metal chest plate for better emblem visibility.
- Added original Chivalry Helmets to Barbarians but omitting some of the too small/beard clipping ones
- Also added DLC2 helms, default basic helms, and knight dlc helms to barbs.
- Korean translation: Steam build scripts updated, localization .ini added
<span style="color: #ff8c00;">Coldfront</span>
- Fix for players being able to skip the breakable objective
- Replaced the blaze mesh with a barb
- Outpost Objective Tweaks.
- Playspace modifications around falling log.
- Capture Volume and Barbarians killed required to win now.
- Condensed Objective Text. Changed language on Outpost to support final objective.
- More safety checks for the final capture volume
- Changed outpost chieftains to be wearing cow skull helmets.
<span style="color: #ff8c00;">Hillside</span>
- Optimization. Set Barb NPCs to ragdoll as opposed to gibs. Destruction after 5 seconds
- Improved Cull Distance Volumes on Beach and in the Castle.
- Removed Ice Rock from "Boat Ramp" path.
- Removed spec off of the landscape material which should help performance
- Deleted a few meshes that weren't needed in order to lower drawcalls by a very small amount
- Lowered number of materials on the keep meshes
- Coldfront ocean material have significantly fewer instructions, may help performance
- Replaced all bsp with meshes
- Added epic blocking volume in harbor area for the floor
- Replaced fracture mesh doors with static meshes.
- Added minor Set dressing inside castle walls.
- Added collision to back wall in throne room
- Refined playspace around Courtyard.
- Cover Pass
- Added more props
<span style="color: #ff8c00;">Battlegrounds</span>
- Made spectral echo ghostly again
- Added some blocking volumes on a few exploit spots and adjusted some see-thru wall collisions
- Added some barrels in caves to prevent stuck collisions
- Tweaked arch collision
- Put the breaking wall on precomputed lighting
- Aligned flames with stationary torch meshes
- Minor fixing of a couple ruined meshes
- Garbage cleanup on variant levels
- Replaced unclothed flags with static mesh versions with lightmaps
- Created lightmap UV for broken lighthouse
<span style="color: #ff8c00;">Darkforest</span>
- Minor optimization: Replaced a few skeletal meshes,
- Adjusted some culling distances
- Removed a few background assets.
<span style="color: #ff8c00;">Stoneshill</span>
- Minor optimization: Non-gameplay relevant particles only show up on medium settings now
<span style="color: #ff8c00;">Citadel</span>
- Removed floating arrows in village
- Visual improvements to the broken wall
- Added culling for all particles
- Reduced particles for low settings
- Added in a cheaper tower mesh with 3 rather than 6 material IDs and replaced instances in the background with it.
- Made changes to the kismet so that the broken wall mesh does not matinee up it just toggles collision off and on