“Audacious. Sony Online built a multi-continental world wide enough for thousands of players on three factions to fight in the air, on the ground, and inside bases, and released it for free.”
“Technically astounding mass-scale warfare that spews out gaming fantasy fulfillment.”
90/100 – PC Gamer
“With versatile classes, deep progression systems and various styles of air and ground vehicles, there’s no shortage of ways to contribute to a fight, and on a coordinated team in PlanetSide 2’s open environments, Sony Online Entertainment’s game of nonstop war can be a truly incredible competitive experience.”
9/10 – IGN
Hossin is a massive new map that will introduce an entirely new type of battle experience to PlanetSide 2. With its swamp-like terrain and natural barriers, players will be challenged like never before. Hossin will add an insane new element and its 80 new bases are scattered throughout, making infantry combat the most important it’s ever been.
In addition to the release of Hossin, there were other brand new features introduced into PlanetSide 2:
- OUTFIT RECRUITMENT – New streamlined process for building, seeking and joining outfits. Players can choose their crew, their way with this new recruitment tool.
- OUTFIT BASE CAPTURE – New “ownership” system where the facility / outpost is awarded to the top contributing outfit during capture.
- CONTINENT LOCKING – Offering an unprecedented level of player control, the Auraxian population can now control which continents are open for contest, when those continents have alerts and when warpgates will rotate.
Connect With The Community!
To stay in the know in this constant evolving MMOFPS, be sure to:
• Like PlanetSide 2 on Facebook
• Follow PlanetSide 2 on Twitter
• Subscribe to PlanetSide 2’s YouTube Channel
• Follow Daily LiveStreams On Twitch
• Visit PlanetSide 2’s Official Wiki
• Subscribe To PlanetSide 2 on Reddit
is a free-to-play, massively multiplayer online first person shooter (MMOFPS). Empires fight on a massive scale where soldiers battle in an all-out planetary war on a scale never before seen in stunning, breathtaking detail. PlanetSide 2
battles persist when thousands of players align in this game that challenges the skill and grit through intense land, air and vehicle gameplay.
Across four huge maps, players come together in enormous battles to win control of critical territories and key resources for their Empire. With an extensive skill tree and free-form class-based system, players customize their soldier, weapons and vehicles to match their play-style, as well as the needs of their squad, outfit or Empire. The world of PlanetSide 2
is massive and persistent with every soldier capable of making a difference.
- THREE WARING EMPIRES: Players will choose to align with one of three unique Empires – the militaristic, authoritarian Terran Republic, the rebellious, freedom-fighter faction New Conglomerate, or the technocratic, alien-influenced Empire Vanu Sovereignty. Each Empire has access to unique weapons, attachments, vehicles, abilities, and more.
- MASSIVE WARFARE: Battles take place not between dozens of troops, but hundreds; with air and ground vehicles slugging it out alongside squads of troops. Each battleground holds valuable resources and key positions, and the Empire that can conquer (and manage to hold) these territories are rewarded with tech bonuses, greater access to equipment, and more.
- ENORMOUS MAPS: PlanetSide 2 features four incredible and diverse continent maps with dozens of square kilometers of seamless gameplay space; every inch of which is hand-crafted, contestable space. Whether in open fields, tightly-packed urban centers or enormous outposts, victory requires calculated teamwork and a quick trigger finger to survive the massive battles.
- PERSISTENCE THAT PAYS: In PlanetSide 2 the war isn’t won by a single base capture. The core gameplay of PlanetSide 2 is about holding crucial territories and controlling resources. Working strategically as a team to secure tactical positions, such as power plants and ammo depots, has long-lasting effects that can shift the tide of battle and provide key rewards and bonuses.
- CLASS-BASED COMBAT: Players can build their soldier to match their play-style, as well as the needs of their squad, outfit or Empire. With six distinct classes to explore, each combat role, vehicle and weapon has extensive skill trees that will allow players to grow characters laterally, unlocking hundreds of weapons, attachments, equipment, specialized skills, vehicles, and more. Play as one of six distinct classes:
- Heavy Assault – Rush into the battle ahead, guns blazing. You are the dedicated foot soldier of Auraxis.
- Light Assault – Go where the Heavies can’t with your short-burst jetpack. Pick a high spot, throw a grenade and surprise your foes!
- Combat Medic – Keep your fellow soldiers healed- it’s your job to revive fallen comrades.
- Infiltrator – Stealthy and silent, you are death from the shadows. Whether you choose a knife from behind or a single shot from sniper’s nest, you are the enemy’s greatest fear.
- Engineer – A crucial support class with the ability to repair important gear including vehicles, terminals, and turrets. Engineers can drop their own shielded turret and mow down advancing troops.
- MAX – Heavily armored, cannons for hands, and a disposition to match, you are the ruler of the battlefield and a walking mass of armored death.
- OUTFIT TEAMWORK: Outfits play a very important role in each and every battle. From a small group of specialized soldiers or rapid response team, to a huge clan that can field multiple platoons of hundreds of players, outfits have access to unique customizations– allowing them to create their own identity and manage their reputation and overall role in the ongoing war.
- VEHICLES & WEAPONS: Players are able to access a huge array of weapons and vehicles which can be extensively customized for player preference or purposed with unique attachments and add-ons earned in game to fit each player’s style.
- PLAY FOR FREE: PlanetSide 2 is Free-To-Play with an additional in-game RMT marketplace with items that range from cosmetic camouflage patterns and armor paint jobs, to XP accelerators. Items that affect gameplay, such as weapon side-grades will be purchasable via resources earned in-game through gameplay and achievements.
- VOICE INTEGRATION: Players are able to communicate with their squads both through keyboard and voice chat.
© 2015 Daybreak Game Company, LLC . Daybreak Game Company, the Daybreak Games logo and PlanetSide are registered trademarks of Daybreak Game Company LLC in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.