“...one of the most positive and relaxing game experiences I’ve had in a long time”
80 – PC Gamer
“… if you’re the kind of gamer who really enjoyed the likes of Freelancer and the X-series, then you’ll want to keep an eye on this game.”
“...largely nails that feeling of being a grizzled starship captain who doesn't play by the rules, making his living any way he can.”
75 – Strategy Informer
IMPORTANT FOR VISTA USERS
We do NOT officially support Vista, as is shown in the minimum requirements section (Win7 is minimum), but we do our best to keep it compatible nonetheless. PLEASE keep this in mind when considering a purchase. The current version does run on Vista though, but there is a special procedure for it (you need to opt into a special product branch) which is described in detail on the game discussion board.
Steam Workshop And Modding
Starpoint Gemini 2 is as mod-friendly as we can make it (although we constantly work on opening it up even more). Sharing your modded content through Steam Workshop is done easily via our Mod Manager that is supplied with the game. Check out the Workshop section to see what mods are already available!
Over dit spel
Captain your own space ship and roam the galaxy in 3D in this tactical space simulator with tons of RPG depth ! Space has never looked so inviting - but images can betray...
It has been two years since the end of the second Gemini war, the situation in the wartorn system is further from resolution than ever.
The collection of freedom fighters named Gemini League is now reduced to a small group, with no power or influence, after losing their leaders. The Empire meanwhile, has used the re-opened Starpoint to occupy the once renegade Gemini sector - and beyond.
A multitude of Imperial warship fleets and mammoth motherships have crushed every trace of opposition. The situation was looking bleak, when they suddenly halted their armada and re-shifted their focus on fortifying Starpoint with staggering numbers. Rumours soon spread that they were afraid of something coming after them through the T-gate, from what was supposed to be the core of the Empire. What are they running from that makes even the mighty Empire tremble?
Starpoint Gemini 2 will take players on a breath taking journey, with dark secrets and unimaginable twists that will finally unveil the incredible truth...
- Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat.
- Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps.
- Use T-Gates, wormholes and riftways to travel faster around the Gemini system .
- Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a powerstruggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
- Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
- Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical).
- Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances.
- Over 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with a.o. visible turrets, and a large arsenal of destructive weapons to blast enemies to pieces.
- Direct ship controls create complete immersion.
- Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology
Starpoint Gemini 2 © 2013 Little Green Men Games. Developed by Little Green Men Games. Licensed exclusively worldwide to and published by Iceberg Interactive B.V. All brands, product names, and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved. Made in Europe.