This game is a disaster, avoid at all costs.
X Rebirth is marketed in big bold letters as a trading game with a vibrant, reactive economy and NPC ships that go on trade runs simulating real economies. This is actually a load of tosh. More than 99% of ships (this is not an exaggeration) circle around stations in an endless loop, all caught up in a slow moving pointless traffic jam. They aren't going anywhere, have no goals and just keep doing this loop forever. The other ~1% seem to spawn next to stations then despawn when they are leaving them, never actually travelling to/from anywhere. It's all window dressing.
Not that it matters anyway, since trading doesn't even work. You'll have to do some really pointless trades (deliver 100 units of food when you can afford/store 100,000? What's the point?), and when you do you quickly find that the entire trading interface and ship control is totally buggy and doesn't work. Half the time player owned ships don't actually move when giving orders, and there's no way to view/delete the orders of ships in game. If your order bugs out you have to manually edit the xml files of your save game before trying again. If you eventually get them to move they frequently reach their destination then either get stuck staring at a station, or ram into it endlessly due to awful pathfinding.
Combat is really, really dull. You only ever get 1 ship, it can carry every type of weapon, but can only ever shoot one at a time and has no turrets or other hardpoints. EVERYTHING in this game is done manually. You can't automate anything.
Walking around stations is... rubbish. It's full of copy pasted stations - which you'll notice by station 3 - and NPCs that only have 4 lines of dialogue and just repeat them over and over again. You're going to get incredibly sick of talking to random people about why they're all a bunch of racists, or why VR holodancers are sexy but not real. It's incredibly unengaging content and somewhat alarming how so much of the development time and focus of the game is on a feature that is not fun from the start.
A lot of people have been saying this game 'has promise'. That 'it'll be fixed in patches'. It won't. This game is defective by design. You can't just fix core fundamental game mechanics with patches. Even if they manage to fix the bugs it won't change the fact that everything in the game is completely lifeless and window dressed, rather than engaging or purposeful.
If there's any one good thing to say about this game, it's that at least it's beautiful. The game is gorgeous, and that's really the only thing going for it.
Personally I put in a refund for the game because of how poor it is. It just simply doesn't do half the stuff that the store page advertises it as being able to do.
Közzétéve: 25 november 2013