- Fixed many related issues with grappling and pirates not walking on destroyed blocks
- Intro sound volume was not affected by settings SFX volume value
- Animal cage tool tip was showing incorrect capture percent (now is 15%)
- Pirate salary payment was not calculated correctly
- Pirate salary was not refunded when kicking a pirate from your crew
- Food inside barrels was not recovered when changing ships or removing barrels
- Ship builder could be activated on islands with hostiles around
- Unable to use interact button on Linux and Arena mode.
Mantis voting system is totally operative
- Revised pirate grappling code, should be a bit faster and more reliable now
- Added indicator icon for Bleed status effect in crew overview
- Intro is now skippable
- Change sail cost to 50 (+1 sail speed) and Wood Wheel cost to 100 (+2 sail speed)
- Can now browse pirate cards by mouse wheel
- Shop screens are now scrollableby dragging, mousewheel and scroll bars
- Pirate voices now have a separate sound channel that can be set via options
- 50% of Pirate's kill XP is now shared among the rest of the crew
Also important, we've fixed the voting plugin on our Mantis system, so it is now 100% operative (links are now working on the most voted issues page
). Remember you can vote and assign the priority you find more appropriate to each issue, for this enter the issue details and go below in the description to the field labeled as "Issue Community Support"
, and vote for it. We are also taking a close look at the most voted issues to decide what we fix/improve first in the game.
Mikko is hard worker :P
hope you had a good week folks, Jesús Fabre here, to inform you of our most recent news and progresses on the game:
Since last update, Mikko continued working very hard on the new extensible XML savegame format. I will go a bit into detailing this improvement:
The new savegame format will allow us to easily fix many things that aren't working properly in the game, especially the AI system that manages how pirates tasks are being prioritised. In the future we want not only to improve the way pirates behave by their own autonomy, also we want you to be able to set which tasks are the most important for each pirate at each moment in the game. That's why we need this standard and extensible savegame format (that will allow us to store these parameters and MANY others related to other stuff we can add in the game in the future). Also, don't worry, we will convert all your current savegame files to the new format, so you won't lose any of your saved progress in the game.
As you can imagine by how complex it sounds, this is really taking tons of time from Mikko, exactly 12 full days of work at the moment since he started more than a month ago. But things are progressing quite well, and hopefully next week we'll be testing it!
I started introducing the biggest change being made to the game code, so you will understand why today is Friday and we don't have any PP update to offer you. Well, the thing is Mikko was working on the new savegame format until Tuesday, and as you saw it's quite complex, so due to not being sure of being able to finish this before the weekend, he stopped his work on the savegames temporarily and jumped on these small fixes:
-Add Bleed effect to crew cards.
-Intro video sound volume from sfx volume.
-Animal cage tooltip shows incorrect %.
-Change sail cost to 50 (+1 sail speed) and Wood Wheel cost to 100 (+2 sail speed).
That was what we had fixed on Wednesday, and here's when the big fix on the upcoming update comes up. We needed to solve the issues with grappling from and to ship:
As this is a game breaking bug, it instantly became our nº1 priority since Wednesday. Mikko has been focusing in solving this particular issue in every possible scenario, going as deep as it was necessary into the code. For good, that took him to fix many small issues not only in the grappling movements, but in the general crew movement layer of the game.
As many of you may have experienced, there are some serious problems when you walk on damaged blocks or try to climb on damaged stairs. As of now, Mikko has fixed the issues with grappling, but climbing damaged stairs is still not working properly, so he needs a bit more time on Monday to have a build ready to test.
You can be sure we tried to have a build ready for today until the last moment, but wasn't possible. At the end of the day, what we really want is to deliver updates that really represent an improvement and show how much care we put into fixing everything is currently not working properly in PP. So expect to get this upcoming patch by around next Wednesday or Thursday. We want to make sure your pirates movement is the best it can possibly be!
In general, after all the reports we saw after launch, we want to put a lot of care into making the experience of Pixel Piracy the best we can, so please know we really appreciate your patience, as we also appreaciate your feedback!
Thanks for staying there, trusting us.
Jesús Fabre and all the Pixel Piracy Team.