Yet another miscarriage provided by early access system is upon us.
Do not believe the release date - the game is as raw as a game can possibly be and features lack of any balance, tons of bugs and deleted features.
Examples of bugs:
- Crew refusing to leave the enemy ship;
- Enemy crew spawning on inaccessible parts of ship, making it impossible to kill them or escape the encounter;
- Crew spawning on inaccessible parts of your own ship after each and every change of loading screens. They refuse to jump off as well;
- Game despawning he island before despawning the actors when changing scenes from island to open sea. May be easily exploited by approaching the same island several times - after 3 or 4 times all island actors will be drowned;
- Crew suddenly clipping through the hull and drowning for no obvious reason;
- Crew attempting to "clean" their crewmates by kicking them off the ship;
- PRESS SPACE TO INTERACT above all other windows, including the tutorial window;
- When playing on low resolutions, long lists of the goods for sale will be offscreen;
- Gunners loading the cannons with bombs endlessly. My personal record - 19 bombs loaded in a single cannon;
- many others I did not mention.
-Game difficulty wildly varies and even with 15+ crew with highly trained skills and above 50+ lvl I tend to avoid 5lvl+ encounters, since at least five of my crew tends to die during those encounters;
- Rate of morale and hunger decrease varies wildly from version to version;
- There is literally no new content in shops of lvl 5 and higher. Since you visited the lvl 4 shop - you saw everything that game has to offer you. Max level of shops are 8, by the way;
- Crew tends to do everything, but not the things you need them to do. Fishermen will train, new pirates will just idle and cooks prioritise cleaning over cooking which quickly leads to crew starving cause fish was not caught, new pirates in crew dying in first encaunter since training areas occupied by slacking fishermen and once again crew starving to death while there are tons of uncooked food on board. And there is literally nothing you can do about it;
- A single crew member can capture the 8lvl+ ship with proper equipment and training. At this point I just reverted back to captain-solo gameplay on a little boat, discarding all the crew.
-Food no longer spawn on enemy ships for whatever reason;
-Shackles are available for purchase in shop, promising the ability to capture prisoners during the boarding. Function was never implented, yet the item exists;
- Social encounters, featuring the change of relationship between your crew.
I could add much more to this list, but I am just done. I have no more willpower to force myself through this horrible and frustrating experience.
This is not a proper release, it is just developers feeding off the release status hype and discounts related to it.
Those slackers are so bold that they even show it as something great and to achieve - look at the news. It was just few days since release and they already published 5 hotfixes, while shouting on each corner that they are working hard for their players.
Yeah, they released a first hotfix 40 minutes after release. Second hotfix several hours later. Yeah, for me it souns that they are hardly working, actually.
It is just insulting to post unfini