03 月 27 日
We are launching a community competition to see who can make the best custom scenario for Plague Inc: Evolved, using the theme "Bugs and Insects". Here are the prizes for the best 3:
- 1ST PRIZE - $100 Amazon/Steam voucher, an extra copy of Plague Inc: Evolved for a friend, and the Plague Inc: Evolved soundtrack DLC
- 2ND PRIZE - An extra copy of Plague Inc: Evolved for a friend, and the Plague Inc: Evolved soundtrack DLC
- 3RD PRIZE - The Plague Inc: Evolved soundtrack DLC
Anyone with Plague Inc: Evolved
on Steam can enter - just open the Scenario Creator from in-game and get started. When you have finished your creation, publish your scenario on the Steam Workshop
(visible to all) and then submit it to the competition using the link below. All submissions must be made by the 30th April.
CLICK HERE TO ENTER YOUR SCENARIO
The theme of the competition is "BUGS AND INSECTS
". You can use this theme as creatively as you want. It is open to interpretation, so let your imagination run wild, just make sure that you can explain how your final scenario is linked to the theme.
We are looking for scenarios that are original, creative, and most importantly fun to play! Here are some of the criteria we will use when judging
- Did we enjoy playing it?
- Does it relate to the theme?
- Is it memorable? Does it stand out from other scenarios?
- Does it have well-balanced gameplay?
- Is the narrative/structure engaging?
- Is it polished? (no typos, errors in gameplay or inconsistent graphics etc)
Your scenario must comply with these rules, otherwise it will not be considered
- All submissions must be received by the 30th April. We will aim to announce the winners in May
- Original content only - you may not use IP owned by others (e.g. you can't create a scenario about the film "A bug's life")
- Submissions will only be accepted using the dedicated form
- We will exclude any scenarios that we deem overly offensive or explicit
- Submissions must be available in English
- An entrant can submit a maximum of 3 scenarios but they can only win one prize
- Scenario must comply with the Scenario Creator Terms and Conditions
Some boring but annoyingly important stuff
- Ndemic reserves the right to use shortlisted scenarios in promotional images/campaigns
- In some regions it may not be easy to gift the winner $100. In which case Ndemic will work with the winner to gift them Steam games of their choice
- The winner is solely responsible for any taxes applicable to the prizes.
- Ndemic reserves the right to amend these contest rules or to terminate the competition.
- Any prizes will be awarded to the submitter of the scenario only. If there were multiple contributors, then it is the submitter's responsibility to share the prize.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the competition, Ndemic's decision shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Ndemic is not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems that may limit or affect a person's ability to participate in the competition
- By entering into the competition, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless Ndemic from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, taxes, expenses or damages of any kind, either at law or in equity, whether known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with this competition, including the possession, use or inability to use any prize
03 月 26 日
March was a shorter month than usual due to the Game Developer Conference in San Francisco but we have still made good progress with Plague Inc: Evolved. We got to meet loads of cool developers at the conference, meaning we came back with lots of ideas for the future and even more enthusiasm to push on and release the final version of Plague Inc: Evolved. :)
Our main focus remains multiplayer. A few weeks ago - we hit a bit of a roadblock when we encountered some nasty desync bugs. This meant that the simulation and the turns on the different machines were not running at the same time, giving one player an advantage (usually the host). The desync seemed to happen at random but we've spent a lot of time debugging and we think we've got to the bottom of it now (linked to game events firing). Haven't had any desync issues in the last few days so the bug is hopefully gone for good!
Separately, the Linux build is coming along nicely and it went into beta a few weeks ago. Thanks very much to everyone that has been helping out, it's been great to see so many people contributing to bug finding on all the different machines/systems etc. If you want to get involved then please check out the thread in our Steam forums.
Keep an eye out for a new Scenario Creator Competition that we are going to run. Hoping to announce it in the next day or so!