They say "good things come in small amounts". At least we think they say that. It'd be mighty convenient if they say that. It'd fit the update really well if people say that.
In other words : it's been tremendously busy week with events and unexpected travels! Joonas has been cranking out a ton of new weapon sounds, so those've all been implemented! We're also making some progress with the starting weapon art for the loadout screen. Oh, and on one of the days this week, Jan Willem suddenly jolted up and casually strolled to his computer mumbling something about "nerfing shielders". We're not sure what that was about. He wouldn't, would he? It's so funny to watch people die to those.
Since Justin is still a bit too busy for update art, this week's update art is by the always-talented Paul Veer.
- A ton of new weapon sounds! Blood cannon is probably our favorite.
- Partially updated starting weapon menu art!
- We added a small delay before Shielder shields shield Shielders! It's a work in progress, but a step in the right direction.
- Fixed some problems with the menu character art.
- Some small updates to the Labs tiles.
After this week we should have a bit more time to get working on some larger content and the rest of the interface again, so that'll be exciting! Have fun!
Oh yeah, this is a good one.
Your favorite character now has new, beautiful art in the character select screen, and so does your least favorite character. We've added bubbly sound effects to the Oasis too.
But most importantly, we decided to dig deep into the design and rework some of the basic ammo balancing going on. This is a rather risky move, because changing tiny things down in the foundation ripples through the entire game, so things might be kind of silly. We're pretty certain that these changes will work out well, but we're looking forward to what happens this week.
You'll now find slightly more drops when low on ammo, while Rabbit Paw has been toned down a bit, Lucky Shot has been improved, and Back Muscle no longer helps you get more drops. This design will both help new players (and we've lowered Scorpion HP for them too), but also allow high level players to take more risks and swap their weapons around more as Back Muscle functions more as a storage for un-equipped ammo. These changes should hopefully make everyone less reliant on these ammo mutations, while also allowing them to really make some of the more ammo-hungry weaponry shine. Speaking of mutations, we're trying something silly with Gamma Guts: little area of effect blasts whenever you kill something with it.
Looking forward to seeing how that and all the other fixes and balancing work out!
- Brand new character select art! airhorn.wav!!!
- Bubbly Oasis sounds!
- A tiny bit more drops when low on ammo.
- Less HP for Scorpions.
- Gamma Guts now deals area of effect damage when an enemy is killed by it.
- Rabbit Paw has been weakened a tiny bit.
- Back Muscle no longer increases your drop rate.
- Lucky Shot will trigger more.
- Allies now have a smaller hitbox.
- Frog Eggs now have a smaller hitbox.
- Super Plasma Cannon costs 24 ammo again, and is a bit less strong. Plasma Cannon is also a tiny bit weaker.
- Angry Big Rats now have a shadow!
- Less slowdown when meleeing grenades and hitting things with Plasma/Flare Gun.
- Fixed bosses spawning in groups on loop.
- Fixed Rogue's shadow at the campfire.
- Fixed a bug with Big Dog missiles.
- Fixed a crash caused by Big Weapon Chests.
- Fixed a crash caused by rads.
- Ultra Revolver should now be able to hit enemies close to walls.
- New art for Big Dog missiles and flames that'll get smaller in the future.
- Updated Crystal's in-game art a bit.
- Update Rogue on icons.
- Starting weapon is now displayed correctly in the menu.