Verfasst: 19. September 2014
This is story of incompetence, ignorance and lies.
I am not going to list all of bugs and imperfection here. It would be a quite thick book at the end. By my knowledge German fans sent RSC/DTG list of bugs on several pages which were related only to german routes and stock. So many month ago - so far nothing resolved...
So there is just list of general areas in which RSC/DTG completely failed:
1. Bring realism and quality to TS
2. Using in game menu to spam advertising and as a shop
3. Severly moderating forums and banning people
4. Ignoring community inputs
5. Support not working, blaming customers for faults apparently on RSC/DTG side
6. Releasing pamphlet "DTG code of conduct" which basically prohibits you to discuss anything critical or other than RSC/DTG wishlist about TS /All other developers are fine with Steam general rules for forums/, ridiculous is that RSC/DTG itself breaches the rules by discussing upcoming Flight sim on forum
7. Copy-paste type achievements almost 400 of them. A lot of them not being awarded, wrongly awarded or broken
8. It is shame that there is not any controller support and you cannot even map your keys on keyboard. It was requested by so many users during years!!!
9. Lame workshop not indicating DLC required to play scenario /worked fine in TS2013/ and lies there are a lot of scenarios available but in fact many DLC locos have no a single workshop scenario available
10. Ignorance. They just ignore consumers asking to fix bugs in extent that there are vital bugs persisting with TS2015
11. What I hate most are lies to customers on forum as
We have bug squashing team to fix bugs. Nothing happened ...
We were forced to wipe out achievements for TS2014 release because of Steam rules. And voila TS2015 they keep last years achievements? Now it is not a problem? ... and many more ...
All this led to establishing independent group here on Steam - "Train Simulator Worst Game of the Year". In a few month 400+ people not satisfied with quality, realism or banned from TS forum without any explanation joined the group so far. Joining this group you can freely express your opinions, be critical or disagree with other comments, you can also discuss other DLC or even other TS products other than RSC/DTG TS without fear that you will be persecuted by RSC/DTG.
Now TS2015 ever winning formula by RSC/DTG. It is to take 3 routes released within last year repack it and resell. This year nominees are:
Lon Petersborough route December 2013
NY New Heaven route April 2014
Garmisch route May 2014
As usually there are some "improvements" added. 3D clouds and some facelifting on in game menu and editor again worsening situation.
It had to be a boy-genius to add feature like staring scenario in middle of nowhere. Like on Academy scenarios trains are moving with lights off ....
And of course train academy another great idea. Instead of making good and in depth tutorials for every route showing all aspect of operation and signals on given route, they made 3 unrealistic routes and scenarios looking like a 2 day elementary school project.
Bugs observed within few minutes playing scenario Hitachi on Lon Petersborough route and Academy scenarios
1. People moving away from platform toward tunel, AI trains running with opened doors and cars flying
2. Not able achieve gold rating even running scenario without fault
3. SD70 brake problems setting emergency brake at 25 per cent brake application
4. Running BR189 track display miles instead km
5. They did not add passenger view to class 170 and Acela /asked for so long by people/
and so on just bugs persist nothing fixed ...
I am not going to give rating. It is your choice how you will waste your money. Only thing that comes to my mind that RSC/DTG should relay TS series to some knowledgeable company which will bring back again quality, realism and fun to TS series.
Peace to all