What's been happening this week?
This week the team have working hard at polishing off a Combat build for an internal preview that, if successful, will be pushed to our Opt-In testing branch early next week! Most of the initial time consuming groundwork has been implemented and the team are now focusing on challenging artificial intelligence, tricky GUI elements and Annah's awesome art assets.
As you may have heard, Jack Attridge - one of the original Godus co-designers left the 22cans team this week. He's off to start his own gaming venture after years of mentoring from Peter Molyneux and the rest of the team. Before Jack left, he was in charge of finishing off the 22cans Documentary mentioned in our Kickstarter.
Keep an eye out for this in the near future!
Good Luck Jack!
Fancy New Godus Combat Art!
Annah has created two new bits of Godus artwork and they're combat themed! He's a little glimpse at the sort of destruction that you can come to expect from the combat found in the final version.
Wallpaper One - Click here for 1080p Resolution Wallpaper!
Wallpaper One - Click here for 4K Resolution Wallpaper!
Click here for Full Sized Wallpaper! Wallpaper Two
Godus Opt-In Developer Builds
With all this talk of Godus Combat and Opt-In builds, we thought it might be time to remind the community about how to access our often buggy but feature packed Developer Builds! Please remember that these builds are meant for testing and might include all kinds of bugs that haven't been swatted by Martin yet!
Now is the perfect opportunity to dive in to Opt-In!
How to Opt In to Developer Builds
If you'd like to participate in our regular developer builds, just follow the easy instructions below.
- Go to your Steam Library
- Right click on GODUS and select "Properties"
- Click on the "Betas" tab
- Enter your beta access code, which is ‘22canstester'
- Click "Check Code"
- Click on the dropdown menu and make sure “releasetest” is selected
- Hit "Close" and you're all set
At this point it's probably a good time to mention that players should create a back up of their Godus save games. In the event of a nasty bug, they'll be able to revert back with minimal problems!
Just follow the steps below:
- Right click on Godus in your steam library
- Select "Properties"
- Go across to the "LOCAL FILES" tab
- Select "Browse Local Files
- Find the folder starting with "prf1" and make a copy somewhere save
- Then to reload your old save if something goes wrong simply copy the contents from the OLD prf older into the NEW folder prf folder and when you next load the game it should be back to your old world.
This week Konrad returned from his travels around Japan. After guzzling many of the sweets and goodies he brought back, we managed to ask him a few questions from community members regarding Combat!
Recent Bug Fixes
Martin is constantly inundated from the community with bugs found within Godus. Here's a recent list of ones Martin has squashed.
- The game crashes after relaunching the game while on any tutorial
- The game keeps on crashing when the user builds the first abode then relaunches the game
- User is unable to proceed to 'Weyworld' after unlocking and sailing the 'Ark' on 'Homeworld'
- The game randomly hitches while playing through the game
- The land under some Settlements reverts to its initial land formation after the user plays again on Weyworld
- Upgrading the 'Farming Settlement' will change the 'Settlement Size' value for 'Mining Settlement' and 'Builder Settlement' info modal on the 'Timiline' UI
- The description of the Shrine of Stamina ( Stronger Followers ) on the Timeline UI is incorrect
- Astari festival started after conquering Astari Village
- Various Translation Errors
- The value / text displayed on the Super Boost card description is incorrect
Here's a look at Richard's AI in motion! Here the computer AI is creating, squishing and evolving their follower lands. You can see that Richard isn't actually controlling it as the mouse pointer is completely stationary!
See you next week & keep sculpting!