We have released a new Update for Shadowrun Online! This new version adds several improvements and new features, including the new "Rent-a-Hench" system, elves, additional missions and an in-mission chat.
Here are the Patch Notes:
- Rent-a-hench: Choose your henchman for the next mission from a list of other player-generated characters
- New Metatype: Elves have been added as playable characters into the Character Creation
- New Missions: Three new runs round out our prequel campaign about the missing girl Alisi
- New Outfit: The Tribal Shaman outfit has been added to the Character Customization
- In-Mission-Chat: When playing Coop or PvP, players now switch to a dedicated chat-channel, allowing easier in-mission communication.
- Character name as nick name: The name of your character is now used as chat name
- Action Counter: A new indicator shows you how many actions each character has left in this turn.
- Know who you run with: The name of the character you're playing with is now shown in Coop missions.
- Know what your partner does: Floating texts above a character now show which skill is used, allowing you to see what your Coop-Partner is doing.
- What comes next? The name of the next mission is now shown in the main menu.
- Quick switch: The animation for switching weapons doesn't delay the gameplay anymore.
- Longer Names: The number of allowed characters for the player name has been increased to 18 up from 12
- 3D-Sound: Sound effects are now played on the corresponding speaker, depending on the camera position.
- Improved Effects: Visual weapon effects have been reworked:
new Shield effect,
Machete's "Stimulants" now increases character animation speed,
new Mana Bolt and Spark effects,
new bullet streaks for Rifle, Pistols, Shotgut
blood splatter now look more voluminous
- Updated info screens: Credits, Options and Help screen have been reworked.
- Fixed a lot of clipping issues in character customization
- If matchmaking gets aborted by a matched opponent an appropriate error message is shown.
- Options menu can now be opened and closed using the ESC key
- Credits have been updated
- It's not possible anymore to press any hidden buttons while the news screen is shown.
- Players don't see the opponent’s chance to hit display during PvP- and Coop-matches anymore.
- Fixed an issue that made the UI of the mission visible in the debriefing
See you in the game, Chummers!
A new update for Shadowrun Online has just arrived, filled to the brim with new features, improvements and fixes. As already announced, this one brings Character Customization as well as Random Coop, but there is a lot more to discover, so be sure to check it out!
Here are the patch notes:
- Character customization: Design your own Character, choose a name, metatype (currently Ork and Human are available), gender, outfit, weapons and a second character to accompany you on your Shadowrun!
- Your Avatar in missions: All missions are now played with your self-designed Character, accompanied by the chosen henchman.
- Random Coop: Don't want to play solo anymore? With Random Coop you can play a random mission with another, randomly-selected player instead of your henchman.
- Fatigue: Magical attacks now cause a fixed amount of "Fatigue", which regenerates at one point per turn - so be careful not to spam spells or you won't be able to cast at a critical moment!
- Immunities: Some enemies are now immune to certain types of damage, so make sure to adapt your tactics accordingly! No more manabolts against cameras!
- Second Weapon: The second weapon of a character is now visible on the characters' back.
- Updated UI: The user interface has been updated, allowing easier switching between characters by clicking on their portraits.
- Shortcuts: By popular demand we have added several shortcuts:
Select next character: TAB
Directly select player characters: F1,F2,F3
Move camera to active agent: Space
End Turn: Backspace or End
- Updated Main menu: We have cleaned up the main menu:
"Player Character" opens the Character customization screen
"Campaign" starts the latest unlocked mission
"Daily mission" starts the currently available daily mission, these change after a certain amount of time.
"Play Coop mission" starts looking for a partner to play a Coop mission
"Player vs. Player" queues you for a PvP-match
"Mission Archive" opens a list of all already played missions, allowing you to replay them.
- Sound Effects: Mission completion and failure now have an appropriate sound.
- Auto-Reload: Weapon switching now occurs only through selecting a skill, a click on the other weapon automatically switches and reloads.
- Character Shader: Characters now have self-illumination and a rim shader.
- New Animations: Female walk animations and customisation scene idles have been added.
- Fixed an issue with floor decoration that overlapped the movement marker
- Camera gets centered on a character if he is selected using their character portrait
- Fixed an issue where activating hotspots was blocked by a character standing in front of it.
- Opened body drawers provide half cover now
- Fixed a typo in the mission debriefing displayed after finishing 'Damsel in Distress'
- The 'Skip Turn' button shows an appropriate tool-tip
- The movement range delimiter in daily mission levels is displayed above dirt layers and objects for better visibility
- Fixed a gap in the wall of two daily mission levels
- It's no longer possible to move the camera outside of the scene in several resolutions in mission 02
- Improved weapon switch animation so it doesn't look "jumpy" anymore.
- Logo has been removed from the main menu
- Fixed an issue where Bri's gun had to be reloaded despite the fact that there was still ammunition left
- Audio sliders in the options menu behave correctly now