In my first five or so hours I thought the game had some redeeming qualities, but as you progress you realize that it's pretty mediocre. Here's why:
- Crafting seems pretty fun. It's great that you can train any skill.
- Combining multiple items into cooler gear is a nice feature.
- I liked the overall look. It had a WoW-like charm to it.
- Traveling is, I believe, INTENTIONALLY irritating. They fill the roads with hostile mobs to encourage you to fast travel. I have never played an MMO that didn't have unobstructed roads for easy-ish travel, until this one. This one requires real money for fast travel. Coincidence?
- When you die you have to trudge through the dozens of mobs you just fought through, unless, of course, you want to spend real money to fast travel or real money to revive.
- Mana consumption is out-of-whack. You deplete it really quickly and it builds back too slowly. So, yup, when you're traveling by foot, it's going to take ages to get to where you're going because of pausing to deal with hostile mobs. And the early crafted mana and health potions are useless, so how do you get worthwhile potions? Real money!
-The first level of a mana replenishment spell consumes more mana to cast than it actually replenishes. That's a pretty mind-boggling design.
- The quests are mind-numbing. They're universally 'go collect 10 of x' or 'go kill 10 of z' or 'go talk to y.' The stuff you've done a zillion times before.
- The controls are amongst the worst I've experienced. I eventually discovered that you cannot really use your mouse and keyboard at the same time, because they seem to conflict with one another. If you choose one over the other you will be okay most of the time. That seems a bit amateurish to me.
- It's heavily instanced. They borrowed WoW's look, but not its seamless world.
- The music is abysmal. It's like they took a high school band's recording and applied it to parts of the game whether it was appropriate or not.
- You will hear the same sound effects over and over and over and over again until you want to scream. Every NPC you talk to has the same thing to say. Every time you take damage you will hear the same sounds over and over again.
- I didn't see anyone with mounts. Which means you're walking or spening money to fast travel.
- You can't actually go into your house--it's just a vault to store stuff. You have a garden and an animal farm. And dealing with your animals takes too long to level up because they go to sleep after four or five interactions. Oh but come back in a couple of hours to try again!
- The game world is pretty empty. There's a few masochists who've managed to level up, but you won't see many people while you play.
I threw a few bucks at the game because I understand that games can't be free. There are developers and IT people and server expenses that need to be paid. But what I cannot tolerate is games that feel that they are designed to make players pay to avoid being irritated by game mechanics. This, alas, is one of those games, hence it has been uninstalled.