We have been listening! See what has been improved in Villagers and Heroes!
What has changed since the game launched on Steam in April?
- Much improved fluid, action-oriented combat
- Removal of the pay for energy mechanic
- A vast improvement on our social features and UI
- The addition of rolling, both as a fun movement option, but also as a dodging game mechanic
- Spell fusions, and a focus on teamwork and party mechanics
- Crash fixes, bug fixes, faster download
- More ambient sounds like footsteps
- More emotes like dancing
- And a whole slew of new content, including new end game content, revamped tutorials, and new events
And all of these changes were based on feedback from you the players! We have been listening!
Since launching on Steam five months ago, we’ve taken the excellent suggestions and feedback provided by all of our users, and vastly improved our game as a result. Our latest build, Sands of the Equinox 2.34
, while featuring an intoxicating new event with an array of desert themed bosses, bounties, and loot, is also characterized by a number of other changes we’ve made with regards to basic game mechanics and style of play – changes that players of any level, high or low, will surely find exciting.
For the adventurously inclined, you’ll be thrilled to discover that we’ve revamped our entire combat system so that it’s not only more fluid and responsive, but it now includes a variety of dynamic new actions and movements -- aerial acrobatics, tucking and rolling, agile strafing, increased acceleration while attacking foes, and more. With the addition of tucking and rolling also comes the ability to dodge, time your defense, tuck and roll out of the way dodging the coming onslaught. We also spent a large portion of time fine tuning our classes, improving visual and audio effects, adding new spells and feats, and finally adding spell fusions, where party members can fuse their feats and spells with one another, creating more powerful and devastating effects.
And for our craft loving players, because we firmly believe that Villagers and Heroes
should be accessible to all users alike, we have completely removed the ‘Pay-for-Energy’ mechanic from within our game. Our new system, one which allows for ‘Vim’ to be naturally replenished by crafters in all manner of different ways, contains a plethora of ways to engage with, strategize about, and take advantage of. Thus, players can advance in crafting more rapidly through savvy gameplay and strategy.
Patch 2.34 marks an exciting turn for us! Thanks to the invaluable feedback from our community, modifications, great and small, have been made across the board: players can now dance and sit, and listen to the sound of their own running footsteps as they explore secret new areas in the lower zones where an array of entertaining surprises now await. High level players will not only revel in the addition of fourteen brand new zones with challenging quest chains to unravel, but we’ve also included an end game mechanic which will hereafter keep players consistently engaged even after reaching level cap. Moreover, players of all levels will be happy to find that we’ve revamped our housing policies, fixed countless bugs, greatly sped up the download time of the game, added new feats and spells, not to mention an entire upgrade on all of our social features, and two special event zones concurrently running. And that’s just the short list of changes we’ve made…
So thank you, new players and veteran players alike! Our game is better because of you all. But don’t take our word for it. Experience Sands of the Equinox 2.34
for yourselves. We’ve been listening, and you won’t be disappointed.
If you want the details of what has changed, check out our patch notes:
- 2.34: https://forum.villagersandheroes.com/showthread.php?9763-English-Patchnotes-2-34-5-Tuesday-September-23
- 2.33: https://forum.villagersandheroes.com/showthread.php?9666-English-Patchnotes-2-33-6-Tuesday-September-9
- 2.32: https://forum.villagersandheroes.com/showthread.php?9542-English-Patchnotes-2-32-4-Wednesday-August-20-2014
- 2.31: https://forum.villagersandheroes.com/showthread.php?9335-English-Patchnotes-2-31-0-Tuesday-July-22-2014
- 2.30: https://forum.villagersandheroes.com/showthread.php?9287-Release-2-30-0-Echoes-of-the-Past
- 2.28: https://forum.villagersandheroes.com/showthread.php?8967-English-Patch-Notes-2-28-4-Tuesday-June-3-2014
- 2.27: https://forum.villagersandheroes.com/showthread.php?8711-English-Patch-Notes-2-27-3-Wednesday-May-7