i'm a 2xBR100 with 5k~ hours spent ingame from Cobalt (EU server).
- has massive potential of being the biggest & best TDM game ever (dynamic TDM with strategy elements, where hexes/bases are basically arenas).
- nothing like it out there.
- surprisingly fun infantry gunplay and deep class builds.
- easy to use yet thrilling vehicular play (when not just farming infantry like a ♥♥♥).
- 25-48 vs. 25-48s are some of the best gaming moments you'll experience. so are wins against the odds with your outfit mates.
- game looks suprisingly beautiful considering what it's trying to accomplish.
- p2w elements introduced lately in the form of Implants that drain energy rapidly, and energy chargers rarely dropping to maintain energy. widens the gap between the new player or the average non-paying customer and the old player (with a lot of certs laying around) or paying customer, and gives a nice small advantage on the tier 4s.
- client performance has been on a decline since performance update 01. it's been pretty terrible as of late, after code merge with ps4 version.
- server performance has been terrible/unplayable the past year. especially for EU players (having better connectivity, hit detection to NA servers, instead of home server on EU). the devs know about it, but just can't get their ♥♥♥♥ together, either because they stopped caring about the PC version, or they just don't have the experience to solve this.
- content/experience is player driven and since the community is lazy/stupid & there are no rules/restrictions to ensure quality, the fights are mostly unbalanced/one-sided/boring. a majority of the community either farms base captures (96+ vs. 2 guys in a spawn room, yey) or farms kills (mostly in vehicles/maxes or heavy assault) while not playing for any objective.
- new player experience is still one of the worst in gaming history. tutorial is very slim and doesn't really cover some important stuff. you drop to the biggest fights on the continent ang get slaughtered over and over again. all your support tools are ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ly slow, and your can't get attachments for your weapons for a very long time. after all that, you end up in a platoon ran by a bad/lazy leader who teaches you the wonders of zerging like a stupid sheep, and than end up in a bad outfit that does it on a daily basis with an array of bad/lazy leaders. you also use a shotgun or a max suit everytime you can, cause why not.. and get used to completely playing the game on easy mode. and that's a the ♥♥♥♥♥♥ community expands and kills any competitiveness or fun you could have in this game.
- dev team size has been cut hard or shifted to ps4/xbox1, and as a result new content is rarely released, or released in a broken "phase 1" state, and left like that for a LONG period. (we still didn't get any phase 2 to any of the phase 1s that currently ruin the game [like the resource system phase 1]).
- weapon/class balance is terrible and the devs are generally out of touch/base their tweaks on spreadsheets, micro sales or forum/reddit outcries.
- bugs, bugs, bugs, some still existing ever since beta. every patch creates more bugs.
- game's netcode is clientside based, making the game pretty iffy for competitive play, where you die behind walls or can exploit packet loss to your advantage (therum style). the devs support the community with a competitive server you can scrim on (jaeger) doe.
- base design is bad and boring for the most part. recycled assets everywhere makes for a very repeatitive feel to the game.
- the game's engine can't handle big 96/+ v 96/+ fights. infantry starts to not render at normal ranges. mainly a problem for vehicle players.