This game took me 10 hours to beat, But with walkthroughs will take conciderable less time.
+ Unlike other point an click adventures the tasks that need to be performed directly mix with the story at hand. I am personally not a fan of the A to B to C trading you do in some other point and clicks.
+ This point and click adventure likes to keep things simple early on before it opens up bigger corridors later on. The progression is pretty good to get used to the game.
+ The story is very good and the world has great lore.
+ Great ambience and music will make you care about this dark fantasy world.
+ No bugs
+ Unlike other point & clicks : items will be grayed out when its uses are exhausted, this will point you in the right direction eventually if you were to get stuck.
+- You cannot actually "lose" in the game.
- No reason for replayability, No community around the game for artwork or modding.
- Ending of the story is good but could have been longer.
- Game start's pretty abruptly, intro too short.
- Protagonist is a bit bland compared to all the other characters.
- Deus Ex Machina is used a few times throughout the story for a plot-twist. ( I do not mind it since it is a fantasy world, but some others do not like this)
- Game is rather expensive, add it to your favourites and pick it up when you get emailed by steam that it is on sale.
- Unlike other point & clicks : some useless items are kept after use in your inventory, even though they do not serve any other purpose anymore in the current area. This clogs up your inventory.
Summary : The Dark Eye : Chains of Satinav is an underrated point and click adventure game. The game is quickly forgettable, but to those enjoying a dark fantasy world the story and lore of this world will stay with you.