This game is way too easy and way too short. After 44 minutes I have 100% achievement progress; I beat the game in just under half an hour. Watching the credits is the most time consuming achievement.
The longest level of the game takes about 12 seconds to complete, there are several levels where you just need to jump one or two times to complete it.
You get a gold medal if you beat the level first try, but you can easily reset the level via the escape menu, so every try counts as first try. Since there are no checkpoints, there is no difference except in hearing the first 20 seconds of the music over and over again.
The idea for the game is nice, but it is not enough. You are automatically running backwards and mostly just jump over obstacles. It's a very bad and very easy version of Bit Trip Runner. In the whole game (including bonus stages and everything) you just use the Up-Key to jump and in about 30 levels you use the Z-Key for "actions". The actions are NEVER challenging. The hardest parts of the game include about 3 pixel-perfect jumps, you have to master. But because the levels are so short and you can restart them as you want, you will get these jumps by luck or training within one minute.
For achievement hunters like me, this game might be quite acceptable, since it is an easy 100% in less than an hour (10 achievements total).
But if you want to play a game for fun and/or challenge, you should rather play Runner 2. And if you like the concept of playing a game "backwards", try out Braid. It's not exactly that, but it has many elements of what is on your mind.
To be constructive, what the game needs:
- More challenge (e.g. don't have one "action skill" at a time, but have them all, so you use more than just 2 keys)
- Better level design and longer levels
- Another concept for getting Gold medals (e.g. don't have a time paradoxon, but give Gold to those, who can undo every object of the level)
- I think, this would be nicer, if you did not auto-run; although you then had to rethink the whole concept of the game
- Make more things, that make the game "backwardsy", like: A very high jump move, with which you can reach high platforms (from which the character originally fell down), but if you don't reach a high platform with the jump, you have a paradoxon
All in all: Don't buy it for more than 1€ or $. It's not worth it.
PS: There might be Workshop-Userlevels, that are better than the games original levels, but I rated the game here and not usermade content. The game itself should be good enough for a play and the userlevels should be an extra.