05 月 7 日
I would like to start off by thanking you all for your support thus far, it has been tremendously rewarding, and Take On Mars would not be what it is today without you!
Thanks to this and our desire to make this game as great as possible, we have decided to revise the release plans.
This means our previously released 'Roadmap to Release' is no longer applicable.
The planned Beta release has been pushed to the 16th June, 2015, and the final release date will be determined after that point, because we want to avoid promising a release date and not delivering on time, preferring to properly finish what we have planned rather than unnecessarily cut features that bring a lot to the game.
I am also happy to announce that our team has slightly expanded in order to help bring the project to completion while keeping to a high level of quality.
I believe this is very positive news and the team is elated, so it is our sincere hope that you, our dedicated fans, are as well!
In short, this means:
* Beta release on the 16th of June, 2015
* Final release date TBD after Beta
* Planned features will be completed, nothing will be cut from the plans
* The team is focused on polishing and improving existing features
We really hope everyone is as happy about this news as us, and we look forward to receiving further feedback from you all!
04 月 17 日
Mars astronauts, report in!
Yesterday we have released a minor update for the Main branch. The highlights of this update are:
- Joystick/input device support
- Major Engine fixes
- Improved Supply drops, which now provide random stuff, specifically food, water, resource, printer, suits etc.
- New Time scale option for the multiplayer
Stay tuned as we are preparing a major update for the end of this month.
Also if you are interested in visually appealing teasers about what is to come, be sure to check out and subscribe to Take On Mars Trello account , where Martin "Dram" Melicharek, our project lead, posts interesting visual updates.
- Added various Supply Drop types, such as food and water, suits, mining machines, and 3D Printer
- Added day time scale server option to multiplayer
- Added fuel handling and inventories to the Manned Mobile Laboratory (still WIP)
- Added new track 'Melancholic Serenity' by Dram
- Added spawning of contents for Supply Modules, can be defined via individual configs which even support inventory items in vehicles, boxes etc
- Added supply drops to Competitive mode, just contains 3D Printer for now
- Added aircraft specific controls to keybindings for VTOL
- Fixed major texture handling issues, which should solve freezing
- Added input device support! Joysticks, gamepads, wheels, pedals may now have controls bound to them, and can have deadzones set for each axis
- Added Supply Modules for delivering supplies