Publisert: 25. desember
Buy Castle Story? No, but why not? A 2 year summary
I'm watching the development since almost two years and played over 160 hours. Only survival mode because there are no other challanges. Sandbox mode didn't really interested me after all, you know minecraft?
Following Bugs and missing game options bother me since the first time i played. There has been changes and improvments but nothing got really fixed to a point im happy with. I guess a lot of other people feel the same after reading reddit and other sources, pointing out there's no progress would be wrong, but the prioritisation is amiss. I understand the process of prototyping, alphas and early access. But there shut be a noticable progress in all directions after two years of development.
- building menu - Castle Story uses some kind of nice circular menu, it has a nice appeal in the first place. But really nerves after using it, because its inconvenient. You need to do the following steps to choose one of your main building materials; 1x1 stone bricks: hold down the right mousebutton, the main menu appears, move the mouse to submenu button, release the right mouse button, the main menu disapperas. Press the right mouse button again, the submenu apperas, move to the 1x1 stone, release right the mouse button, now you can place your bricks. You know what!? Let me use the left mouse button to select the submenu and the 1x1 brick, this would make the following steps redundant and the selection would be; hold right mouse button, left click submenu, left click desired option, DONE!?
- blue Crystals - the Ore you need to gather for spawning new npcs is now stuck on stockpiles by default (version 0.3.3). This would be one of the very few added game mechanics in two years that made me happy, if turned off by default OMG. Now you have to manually order your broken Worker AI to carry the blue crystals to the main crystal or deaktivate the option on every stockpile you build... really?
- demolishing - you can't demolish stockpiles, lamps, barrels,... If it does work and i didn't realise how, why doesn't it work the same way it does with stones and wood. By the way, if it works with stones and wood, does it take why more than 2 years to implement this feature?
- zooming - nice to be able to zoom with the mousewheel, but only to a certain and low point. If users complain about that, they are told to use the old method, the caps key and mousewheel, now the can zoom infinite. What every sence restricting the "mousewheel only zoom" and having two ways to zoom after all may have. Only one way to zoom, problem fixed.
- Workers - still get stuck in many different tasks. I know theres a new AI and it's not implemented in survival mode yet. Currently (version 0.3.3) the AI is a killjoy.
- Swordsmen - useless as long as not standing in front of a gate. Because Enemys are past over before the realize there existence. Currently (version 0.3.3) the AI is a killjoy.
- Archers - commit suicide by shoting there bows and killed other player npcs, this didn't happen anymore since version 0.3.0 and i played to wave 25. Thats a plus!
i'm ♥♥♥♥ed, somebody else complete the list... Don't buy the game until it's released! Die Entwickler bewegen sich seit zwei Jahren im Kreis, mit einer Effizienz, die sich schön in ihrem Menü wiederspiegelt.