Castle Story has been in development for well over a year and in that time not a large amount of progress has been made. However with that being said I believe there is real promise with this game, all be it if it gets finished! There are some things which make it very unique and some which make it mainstream.
- Unique Art Style
- Interesting style of gameplay
- Enjoyable for Short - Medium play times (1-3 Hours)
- Survival is very promising
- Quite buggy in terms of the AI (AI often gets stuck with overloaded orders and enemy can often find pathing difficult)
- Variety of units is very limited (Melee Warrior/Archer/Builder:Unarmed)
- Limited Gamemodes
- Very basic Tutorial (Controls are very simple but was lack of proper tutorial, can be frustrating)
- Limited building options (2x2 Block | 1X1 Block | Arch Block | Wooden Pillar | Wooden Plank)
- Time period of development is worrying (Over a year and not a large amount of progress)
- Pricing (£15/$20) Is very constly for an almost Alpha/Beta
Overall the game is fun to play for a Short/Medium amount of time however given the number of issue's addressed above I would hold off buying it untill there is improvement or unless it is discounted down to around £4-8/$12. However because of these issues I would have to rate it probably a 4/5 out of 10!