Definitely one of the very bests racing simulators available today.
The biggest pros are:
- incredible tracks (highly detailed, with very good lightning effects and filled with alive crowds).
- sound which simply is totally amazing
- very good, detailed FFB
- very good competitive AI
- consistent vehicle choice - there are actual real racing series represented (WTCC, ADAC, Hillclimb, Historic DTM), not just some random cars from different classes
- good multiplayer, even thou it's still in alpha phase it's highly playable without lots of bugs
- very impresive development pace - this game is getting better witch each update, and updates are quite frequent
- It is possible to test drive each car before you buy it (you can test it as many times as you wish on one test track). This is great way to really choose only the ones you really enjoy driving, no need to blind buy and regret money you've spent.
cons: some important features, like flags are still missing, but they are on the road list.
The games is incredibly immersive, you can really feer like you've been on the track in raceday for real, all parts of it are very well balanced which gives very consistent quality (not like Assetto Corsa, where you get really stunningly looking cars along with tracks which are mediocre at best, poor sounds and totally useless AI).
For me it is currently definitely number one, I highly recommend it.
As for all those negative comments - just look at the time spent in game by the persons that gives negative comment - it says alot.
Also, please bear in mind that this is simulator - you HAVE TO own decent wheel with good FFB to really enjoy it, otherwise if you use gamepad or even keyboard (!) you will have hard time and lots of frustration trying to control the car. Sorry guys, it's not NFS, you wouldn't try to drive real car with keyboard.