26 de Septiembre
Hail To The King, Baby
We are honored to add TotalBiscuit
to the roster of AirMech Pilots. He also earned a skin design through referrals, and he'll be picking his favorite mech once we exit beta, but for now we'll make due with his Tophat and beautiful chiseled face.
If you have been following TotalBiscuit's personal updates about his health, you're aware of his battle with colon cancer. He talks about it in detail here
. He asked that we direct people to the Colon Cancer Alliance
to learn more about what you can do for prevention and detection, or to make a donation.
New AirMech Event, and Gothic Osprey
This marks the first time we celebrate Oktoberfest
in AirMech! The massive fair in Germany is now celebrated around the world in many different ways, but the most important thing about it is FUN! There's usually beer too, if your local laws are ok with that kind of thing. You'll find a nice selection of Oktoberfest themed treats to collect for a limited time.
We're also continuing our path of trying to get Gothic Variants of all the AirMech classes released as that's one of the most requested (and most purchased) skins. Gothic Osprey
has landed, also giving our first "black" colored Osprey, quite a contrast to the typical skins for that mech!
Major Change to Server Selection
This patch also includes new code for estimating connections to game servers
. We've been focusing on this the past week, making as many changes as we could just on the server side of things, but the final pieces required some client changes. Then, after we're sure most of the clients have patched, we'll flip the final switch on the server and (fingers crossed) get much more accurate data for what player performance will be on servers, and everyone should have better games as a result.
We'll be reviewing data over the next week to see how these changes are working out. Nothing is ever finished in AirMech until it's working right, so hang in there while we work the bugs out. We are confident this is the right path, and we have more insight into the strange cases that would let some players sneak into games they shouldn't be in.
Definitely leave us feedback in the forums, and keep reading threads there for updates as we work on it!
- TotalBiscuit Pilot released (Legendary, Level 15)
- Oktoberfest event and content!
- Gothic Osprey released!
- extensive patch on matchmaking and server connectivity systems
- display historical latency data on the world map ui
- block players with no good server connectivity from entering online matches
- require player invites to share compatible server regions
- updating latency detection system for better
- add lagging player's name to game server 'waiting' message
- added new 'fun stat': Darkness
- new part Gothic Core (for collectors who have earned the Gothic Badge)
- added option to hide the in game orders menu
- automatic diamond roll when you are in game with gold vip status!
- fix (enable) vote kicking in custom games
- some adjustments to squad movement to reduce unit groups getting hung up/stuck
- no longer clear party chat history on each map change
- add messaging when linking an email account
- fixed "attach email" funtion, you can try again now
- AirMech turn rate while firing increased (kind of a big deal)
- Seeker missile lifetime decreased a bit
- Aegis fire rate increased by 50%
- Frank now has -6% Air Speed (not displaying right, but trust us)
You can also discuss this update in the official Carbon forums: http://airme.ch/p29207 (and yes you can log in with your Steam account)