A hectic and vibrant twin-stick arena-based shooter that delivers.
- Includes several different unique game modes, which each provide their own challenges, and each are even entertaining in their own right.
- The graphics are lively and vibrant, and add to the feeling of the overwhelming odds stacked against you.
- The bomb mechanic is excellent. I get chills thinking about times I cleared the arena with 3 consecutive bombs strikes just as i was getting overrun.
- Has a good variety of distinguishable enemies, and the slowly-growing "virus" is a wonderful touch that allows you to turn an encroaching foe into an arena-clearing weapon.
- I think the music is good. Honestly I can't remember it.
- The game has the derisive sense of humor of an older brother.
- It's made by a studio called Squid in a Box, which might be the best studio name ever.
- The game menus are succinct, fast, and well-designed.
- With everything going on around you and the colorful graphical effects it's easy to lose track of what's going on.
- The leaderboards seem hacked. Everyone in the top 10 or whatever has the exact same astronomical score.
- Some people might be turned off by the pace of this game.
Overall I recommend this game, especially if you like fast-paced arcade-style shooters where you die a lot but occasionally have those epic runs you want to tell you friends about.