It's been a busy two weeks since the last update, but we have some cool new stuff for v0.46! We've been doing a lot to improve the UI, main-menu and so forth. Still a bit to do, but it's mostly turned out alright :) We've made some changes to save games as well, where there are now multiple and the auto-save is separate. Anyway, read on for changes!
- Fixed punchout report forms not reporting accuracy uh...accurately.
- Added 2 new songs to the Big Banger!
- Added support for multiple game save files and split auto-save off from other saves.
- Sand Traps now vomit up green goo as well.
- Fixed "One Mop To Rule Them All" achievement not being awarded when you've already completed all levels.
- Fixed janitor age being 0 all the time...the union wasn't happy about infant labour.
- Fixed Employee Chips being capable of inserting duplicates when touching the Punch-o-matic.
- Replaced the User Interface with an entirely new style.
- Added support for gametypes.
- Added key-navigation support to the report viewing screen in the office.
Lots still happening behind the scenes. New map going well, it's mechanics are been hammered into completion, most assets done, looking good! A bunch of things still to polish off and such for the rest of VCD, more achievements, players customization, *CLASSFIED*, etc. Heading for the final version of VCD quite soon; exciting! :)
Anyway, seeya soon for more updates!
We bring changes and fixes to you on this fine (or not) Friday! Read on for the changes.
- Added the Big Banger Supernova to Unearthly Excavation; Caution, Caution!
- Replaced majority of Evil Science bodies with medical worker corpses. (Save-file corruption inevitable)
- Added the ability to delete report forms in the office.
- Fixed "The Office" report form appearing on the viewing screen for clients that get taken to the office.
- Added vending machine to Sewer
- Made it possible to take things from the Office into the main levels using the Janitor Trunk. It goes both ways!
- Fixed J-HARM and the Big Banger screen; hands no longer try and interact with the screen instead of grabbing the device.
- Fixed "One Mop To Rule Them All" achievement not being awarded when Gravity Drive is the last level you finish.
- Added an accuracy rating for filed report forms.
- Made it possible to activate explosives by holding down the 'Grab' key.
- Reduced the maximum slope angle the J-HARM can be used on.
- Added a few whole dead bodies. Currently only added to Evil Science, but we'll replace older messes with the whole corpses where needed as we go.
- Added Kismet events for debris and splat actors.
Now then, we're still cracking on with other stuff that will be going in soon enough. The usual suspects; Robot map, janitor customization, fixes, spin-off stuff (merging, updating) and the UI changes.
The big thing, is of course the Mac build, which has been nothing short of a total bastard.. It refuses to cooperate! We've still managed to getting it 90% working, but unfortunately, decals just will not behave. You can mop up and pick stuff up and interact normally, but as soon as you CREATE a decal (footsteps, welder, bloody mop, etc) then it's crashy crashy.. Beyond that, the Main Menu also will not function, nor will punching out to the Office.. What we'll be doing then is finding some time between now and tentative full release and try and hammer on the Mac build exclusively for a week or so. It'll take some wrangling, if it behaves at all..
Anyway! We'll be back with more updates soon as we near the end! Next week (or the next) should see more janitor customizing and the UI taking shape. For now though, have a good weekend everyone!