Pre-Order Fourth and Final X Game Now On Steam.
EGOSOFT, a renowned developer of acclaimed computer games for PC, Mac and Linux, announced today that the latest game in their popular X series, X3: Terran Conflict
, is now available for pre-order via Steam, a leading platform for the delivery and management of PC games and digital content with over 15 million accounts around the world. The full game will be made available October 17, 2008 as a worldwide digital exclusive via Steam, as well as at retail outlets in Europe.
"Since 1999 with the launch of X: Beyond the Frontier, the X series has always been about letting gamers trade, fight, build and think their way through the X Universe to try to find their way back home to Earth," said Bernd Lehahn, managing director of EGOSOFT. "With X3: Terran Conflict, for the first time ever, we're allowing players to finally visit our own solar system to travel and trade with all the stations and planets, including Earth - combined with updated next-gen graphics, an engrossing plot and plenty of side missions, we feel that this is the best X game yet and a perfect way to culminate the series."
As with the previous titles in the X series, X3: Terran Conflict is a single-player space simulation featuring fast-paced first-person space combat, free-form, open exploration of a huge dynamic universe, and large-scale management of the player's own intergalactic corporation. New to the X series with X3: Terran Conflict is:
- A brand new user interface allow full control using only the mouse
- New and improved mouse flight controls
- Several new races and factions, including Earth's primary military force, the Terran United Space Command
- Independent, non-player owned corporations, complete with unique ships and stations, offering new friends or foes to players
- New group management system allowing for better control of large numbers of ships in your fleet
- Over 100 new ships and several new ship classes
- Double the amount of distinct weapons
- The ability to board and capture huge capital ships with your own mercenaries and soldiers
Egosoft chose Steam as its exclusive online distribution platform as it has proven its leadship position in this space via prior releases in the X series.
"The folks at Valve are great to work with, and we saw great success distributing over Steam with our previous titles in the X series," continued Lehahn. "With over 15 million active users and a great installed community base, we feel that Steam is a perfect fit for X3TC."
For more information about the X series, X3: Terran Conflict or EGOSOFT, please visit www.egosoft.com. For more information about Steam or to purchase X3: Terran Conflict, please visit www.steamgames.com.