New maps, increased player limits, 10 free days of play for friends, plus 20% off list price
Tripwire Interactive today released a major update for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45
, the award-winning WWII online action game. For current owners, the updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. Those who purchase the game before June 11 will save an additional 20% off the $19.95 list price.
The update includes:
- Ten new maps, all winning entries in Tripwire's Custom Map Competition. Highlights include:
Smolensk Stalemate: the contest winning map features perfectly balanced to-and-fro infantry combat through ruined villages and trenches in August 1943.
Leningrad: features close-quarters infantry fighting in the ruined streets of the city, above them in the bombed-out buildings and deep beneath them in the sewers, all with close-in armor support.
Berezina: the After-Hourz team surpass themselves on this rural/village map, introducing not just a new vehicle (the Russian BT-7 light tank), but also the first functional anti-tank gun in the game. To cap it off, the BT-7 even carries tank-riders.
Black Day July: one of the very best for tank combat fans, set in the rolling countryside around Prokhorovka as German and Russian armor clash en masse during the Battle of Kursk.
- Increased multiplayer count. A new level of intensity with 50+ player multiplayer battles (up from the previous limit of 32).
- New community made content, including the Russian BT-7 light tank with infantry tank riders and the first player controllable anti-tank gun in the game.
- New soundtrack: The Orchestra comes to the Ostfront - the game now features a complete in-game soundtrack from composer Matthew Burns.
- Gameplay enhancements. The addition of several features requested by the clan/ladder/league community to enhance competitive play.
To give gamers a chance to try the updated version of one of the best sellers on Steam, Tripwire is offering both retail and Steam customers two free Steam Guest Passes. All owners of Red Orchestra can invite friends to try the game with no obligation to purchase. Upon receiving and activating the Steam Guest Pass, the invited friend has ten days of Red Orchestra play available for free.
Watch the new all-action trailer for the game.
Learn more about Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45.