PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS AN EARLY ACCESS REVIEW, AND DOES NOT DESCRIBE THE FINAL PRODUCT OF THE GAME!!!
This game is AWESOME!But, Mr. Paper! Isn't this game still in early access??
To answer your question is a simple 'yes', but there are so many reasons to consider a purchase. For one big thing, the game had started development in 2002, and has been in development ever since. The developer deserves at least SOMETHING after a ~12 year development period!
Let me go ahead and begin with the pros:
- Graphics are certainly unique. Tinted a slight tan, providing a very eerie mood.
- Great environmental interaction! (seriously, I'm not joking)
- The little things: small puzzles, such as picking locks, are ideas I've never seen before.
- Demons that make your blood run cold, yet at the same time, give you a hearty chuckle. Not in the bad way! In the way that makes you think This really fits in with the game's theme, does it not!
- INTENSE FIGHTING, MOTHERF_CKER!
Although, it is told that when there is a positive, there exists a negative.
- Certain models could be upped in their graphics more.
- Some areas can be dark at times.
- Not so much a tutorial. It does say things like This button does that! and That button does this! But it doesn't help you out much in solving the first puzzle. It provides hints, but sometimes, you will get stuck. EXTREME PROTIP: PUNCH TAB TO LIGHT UP EVERYTHING YOU CAN INTERACT WITH FOR A SECOND!
- Speaking of puzzles, they can be demanding sometimes. Please take the time to acknowledge what I said before: When I say Great environmental interaction! I am really, really not joking. But don't worry! Once you get the hang of what to do in the first few puzzles, you'll get the hang of it!
- NO OPTIONS MENU!!! Every game needs an options menu! Please add in one! I need to adjust my screen to the max size to experience this to the max! (there's also graphics/audio/yadda/yadda/yadda)
Alriiight, so let's get down to dumming this all down.
Supporting the developer can really come in handy right now, due to the extremely unpopular state this game doesn't seem to be moving out of as of current.
All and all, this is recommended by me... If you want to support the developer! If you buy it now, you may not receive all that you were hoping for just now, but if the game has been in development for roughly 12 years already, I don't think the developer will be backing down anytime soon.
Oh yeah! A note to the developer:PLEASE, KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING! BECAUSE WHAT YOU'RE DOING IS A REALLY DAMNED GOOD JOB!
As far as I can tell, if the game continues development at it's pace, it will become one of two things:
- A highly popular game on Steam.
- A VERY highly underrated game on Steam!
Right now, a solid 8/10. This game has an extremely high potential!