Indsendt: 16. januar
Well, as I had been waiting for this ever since it was announced, I obviously bought the Gold Edition of the game. Just because the game was looking really interesting and something that I could spend hours on, just by looking at the videos, screenshots, etc of the game.
I took my time with the story, I didn't want to rush it, just because there was so much other stuff to do around the world (exploring, skill challenges, side missions and so on) but eventually, when I completed the story, I pretty much stopped playing the game. I had already seen pretty much everything the game had to offer, the missions and everything just kinda became repetive. Of course the exploration part was still there in the game, as the map is massive so it's going to take a good while to explore the whole map, but as much I did enjoy driving around in the game, I just couldn't find the interest in exploring the whole map.
Here's a list of the pros and cons in the game, and then in the end of the review, a summary.
- Decent graphics
- 5 different specs available for vehicles in the game (Not every car has all of the specs, though)
- Big map
- Interesting story
- Decently made cars
- Good amount of music in the game
- Good performance
- Amazingly detailed interiors in vehicles
- Ingame awards
- PVP events
- Decent handling (A lot of people have said that the handling is bad, but in my opinion, it's pretty decent)
- Good car customization options
- There could be more customization options in the game, but the ones that are in the game work just fine when customizing a vehicle
- Short story (Even though it was interesting, it still was short)
- There rarely is players around you, and when there is, there's usually only 1-5 players near you. It shouldn't be like this when you're in the city that everybody started in
- When one of your uPlay friends is online, you can see them on the ingame map but when you teleport to them, they're not there
- Crew Credits (You don't need to buy these (with real money) in order to progress quicker in the game, but they do help you a lot if you want to buy that Lamborghini quickly and not spend a few hours farming money to get it)
- Repetitive missions
- Crash cutscenes are horrible
- Not that many cars available in the game (In my opinion, there should be a lot more cars available)
- Random game crashes
- Lots of hackers in the skill challenge/missions
- Hitting a fence, small trashcan or anything like that, will slow your speed down a lot
- Police chases: They're just bad.
- Sometimes you lose the cops about 10 seconds after they started chasing you
- And sometimes you just can't lose them, even when you're driving a Lamborghini Aventador going 300km/h and they're chasing you in a Ford Crown Victoria or a Ford Raptor
- Bad sides about the car customization:
- You have a lot of different types of rims in the game, however, you have all of them in 3-5 different colors so browsing through the rims is a pain in the butt
- You are not able to buy any performance upgrades for your vehicles, you have to unlock all of them via the skill challenges
- The bumpers. Sometimes the different between the bumpers is just a different headlight shape
- The AI
- Opponent AI is impossible, when your car level is 1299 and their car level is 299, they still catch up to you in a second and are always right behind you
- When an AI opponent hits a fence, trashcan or anything like that, they're speed don't drop at all
- Traffic AI can be pretty buggy sometimes
- Pedestrians seem to be some type of super humans who can just jump out of the way when you're driving towards them on the sidewalk
- I would be so much happier if they could just ditch uPlay and move it to Steam. Probably one of the biggets problems that I have with uPlay is that when I open the ingame overlay, it freezes the game
Overall, I have to recommend the game. Even though it has a lot of bad things in it, it's still a pretty damn good game for people who enjoy games like this. I had a lot of fun playing the game, even with the problems it had.
So, should you buy this game?
Yes, if.. You enjoy games like Test Drive Unlimited 2 or Driver San Francisco and you want to spend that 50€-75€ (depending on if you buy the Gold Edition or the Stock Edition + Season Pass or just the Stock Edition) on the game, but I'd recommend buying this when it's on a sale rather than paying the full price for it.
No, if.. You're into realistic racing simulators, this is not one of them.