Publisert: 15. februar, 2014
Man, i don't know. I have mixed feelings about recommend this or not. Let's start the Review:
Red Faction 2 when compared to its predecessor, is a disappointment. Despite maintaining certain foundations established in the first part, mainly due to technical issues.
- LOTS of weapons (with primary and secondary shot system for each one as in the first part).
- The shooting mechanics makes some intense gunfights fun.
- Sections where you drive vehicles are well made and are quite fun.
- Apart from the primary mission objectives, the game have hidden secondary objectives for each map, which when completed, will give you bonus points.
- Karma system that varies the ending of the game (Accomplish the primary and secondary objectives provides you of good Karma, while doing bad actions like killing innocent civilians, will give you bad Karma).
- Generic story.
- Easily forgettable characters.
- Clearly this is a PS2 port (You can easily notice it viewing the avaliable options, not to mention the graphics).
- Enemies and allies IA is doubtful.
- There are sections where enemies respawn infinitely until you pass a certain point.
- Exploration of the maps is practically non-existent (compared to the first game).
- The Geo-Mod technology is implemented despite being not quite exploited.
- Ridiculously short (the campaing last 5-6 hours).
If you can get past the fact that this is a direct port of a PS2 game, and you value the game for what it is (a short, mindless, linear first person shooter focused only in killing whatever you have in front) you may like it, if you want something deeper, you won't find it here.My Score: 5.8/10
Note: Played it on Windows XP - SP3