I can't believe I had this little gem for so long in my library and have not played it.
The game is about a brother and sister going trick or treating on Halloween when they come across real monsters who want to steal all the candy in the neighborhood. As one of the siblings is getting abducted by the monsters, the other, sets of to find a way to rescue them.
You must go through your neighborhood and collect all the candy from all the houses. Along the way you must:
- solve side-quests
- battle monsters with your awesome Halloween Costume Superpowers
- deal with bullies
- make new friends to join your team
- find as much candy as possible
- find and make new Halloween costumes, each with their own unique special powers on and off the battle fields
- collect Halloween Trading Cards you can trade in-game
- buy upgrades for your Halloween Costumes
- Level up to get stronger and have more health to battle badder enemies
The game captures the creepy Halloween atmosphere amazingly well with the little background noises, creepy sounds and empty streets, giving it a great feel to it. The Story is very nice, dialogue is well done and the way the game is graphically presented is very cute.
The quests are great and dealing with the other kid's problems in the neighborhood is fun too,
While the costumes are just costumes during your adventures, during the battles you transform into what ever it is you are wearing.
The Battle's are simple but the imagination in regards to how the costumes translate into the "real" battle suits, is brilliantly done.
I would definitely recommend this game and if you are a parent and have kids they most likely will enjoy playing this with you very much.
Depending on the age of your kids the atmosphere might be a little creepy but nothing to serious :)