Publisert: 17. januar
A great game in all aspects. It is a relaxing change of pace in the gaming world littered with FPS's. Don't let that fool you though ! This is a game which will involve you for the short 6-7 hours it lasts and the boss battles though easier than average will require rudimentary strategy. In all an enjoyable game with leaves you smiling ! I mean, with Glowing Unicorns, Ghost Pirates and even Ninjithsu Scarecrows, there is little chance of going wrong :)
What's to Like ?
1. Good story, involving for both young and old.
2. Great variety of content for a short game, lots of items and quests.
3. Relaxing style of open world gameplay, with exciting battles.
4. Achievement Hunters will get 100 % easily.
5. Addon "Grubbins on Ice" DLC included by default ( Around 1/3 the length of the original game)
6. Great cartoonish graphics remniscent of old games such as XIII.
7. EXCELLENT PORT RUNS SUPERBLY WITHOUT GLITCHES.
What's not that exciting ?
1. A little more length of the game would have been nice.
2. While the number of quests are nice , it would have been nice to have achievments for some more of them too.
3. Although I think that a lack of map is no way detrimental for this particular game, some gamers might think otherwise.
What's to hate ?
Nothing :) No major flaws.
Costume Quest will bring out old memories in you, even if you live in a region where Halloween is not that big of a festival/event. All those childhood fantasies of wearing a make-do costume and pretending to be a bigger robot/ninja/whatever-you-liked is what forms the premise of this game. Evil monsters are here with a sinister plan to rob the world of all its candy!! Your sister, who dressed up as a candy for halloween is abducted by them too. Hence starts your quest to rescue her. You get many costumes along the way, which turn into their big sized fantasy counterparts when you are in battle mode. Some of the fun ones include a burning fire attack Scarecrow, a Pirate that can summon ghost ships and even a glowing Unicorn to heal! You also meet friends along the way to help you in the quests, eventually increasing to a party of 3.
Though this game is short, but it does not feel so as it has adequate amount of quests and in game story to keep you attracted for a lazy weekend of playing. There is the main story to follow, the addon DLC, trading cards (in game not steam) to be collected and even battle stamps to be bought with all that cany you collect ! Last but not the least. it rewards you as well with not that difficult to get achievements.
The game is open world, with a linear flow, yet is not pushy at all. Humour is present and its of the pleasant kind, not the very obvious or cheesy just-for-kids type. So full marks there too. Battle system is turn based with a system of quick key presses to get the most optimum attack once u have selected your options. Battles are easy for the most part. Later bosses require a little strategy, which while keeping you sufficently involved in the story, are easy enough not to deter the calm flow of the game.
In all, a recommended buy. Do not hesitate if you get it on sale.