About the Game
The most-anticipated game of the year and the sequel to the best-selling first-person action game of all time, Modern Warfare 2 continues the gripping and heart-racing action as players face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse.
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 2 features for the first time in video games, the musical soundtrack of legendary Academy Award®, Golden Globe® Award, Grammy® Award and Tony winning composer Hans Zimmer. The title picks up immediately following the historic events of Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare®, the blockbuster title that earned worldwide critical acclaim, including:
- "Most Played Online Video Game" in history, 2009 Guinness World Records
- More than 50 Game of the Year awards, including the Console Game of the Year and Overall Game of the Year, 2007, from the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences®
SPECIAL OPS CO-OPERATIVE
An entirely new gameplay mode which supports 2-player co-operative play online that is unique from the single player story campaign.
- Special Ops pits players into a gauntlet of time-trial and objective-based missions.
- Rank-up as players unlock new Special Ops missions, each more difficult.
- Missions include highlights from the single player campaign, fan favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and all new, exclusive missions.
Setting a new bar for online multiplayer, Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer delivers new capabilities, customization, gamestates and modes, including:
- Secondary Weapons - Machine Pistols, Shotguns, Handguns, Launchers
- Riot Shields
- Equipment - Throwing Knives, Blast Shield, Tactical Insertion
- Perk Upgrades
- Bling (Dual Attachments)
- Customizable Killstreaks - AC130, Sentry Gun, Predator Missile, Counter-UAV, Care Package
- Accolades (Post match reports)
© 2009 Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision and Modern Warfare are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. The ratings icon is a registered trademark of the Entertainment Software Association. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.