Contents - New Trailer out, now!! - New maps: -- Battle on the Dunes 3v3 Deathmatch -- Fight over Firnfeld 3v3 Deathmatch (based on Anglean Raiders) -- Canyon Ambush 3v3 Deathmatch -- Northern Fjords 3v3 Deathmatch - New hats in the store
Features - First release on Linux! (Awaiting steam for store integration to go live in store) -- Known issues: black patches on some ships at some angles, antialiasing does not yet work -- this build, while stable, is primarily intended to collect feedback from the community
- Added automatic AFK detection: kicks players from a match after 2 minutes with no input - Added a “Go AFK” button in Options that allows you to temporarily replace yourself with an AI and resume later. (Will still be removed after 5 inactive minutes) - Added effects to indicate buffed and fireproofed components - Practice: added hotkeys to toggle AI on/off, damage your ship, and light your ship on fire -- You may need to manually bind these keys in the Options menu, or reset your bindings to default to get their default bindings (this is a known bug with our keybinding system) - Tutorial text is much more detailed and context-sensitive, including explanation of various tools - Gun tooltip UI in ship customization changed to a more graphical design for clarity - Guns now gradually lose functionality as they are damaged (like engines and the balloon) -- Time between shots and time to reload increases linearly with damage, up to 150% normal -- Rotation speed decreases linearly with damage
Map Changes - New spawn logic to combat “spawn camping.” Please report any issues with screenshots of the map screen and the map you were playing to firstname.lastname@example.org - Adjusted spawn points to support new logic - Reduced “Scrap on the Dunes” point limit to 800
Balance - Changes to fire and fire-related equipment: -- Maximum fire charge count increased to 20 (from 16) -- 8 charges required to disable guns (guns will glow red when 8 charges are reached) -- Fires deal base 8 damage per second; each charge deals an additional 2 fire damage per second -- Fire damage multiplier against mechanical parts reduced to 0.25 (from 0.8) -- Fire damage multiplier against armor increase to 0.5 (from 0.4) -- Chemical Spray: extinguish power 2, makes component immune to additional charges for 12 seconds, causes 6 seconds of repair cooldown -- Fire Extinguisher: Extinguishes all charges, causes 10 seconds of repair cooldown -- Reminder: Fire-fighting tools bypass repair cooldown to extinguish fires but do not cancel them -- Banshee Rocket has 12% chance to apply 3 charges on direct hit, 30% change to apply 1 on AoE as well -- Dragon Tongue has 13% chance to apply 1 charge per particle (13 particles per second) -- Incendiary Rounds adds a separate 10% chance to apply 1 charge on hit to all weapons.
- Typhon Flak Cannon: -- Arming time of 1 second; does not apply area damage until ~240m -- Damage is split evenly between direct and area (so it will deal half damage under arming distance)
- Mercury Field Gun -- Decreased piercing damage (from 100 to 75) -- Increased projectile drop (from 12 to 15 m/s^2)
- Hellhound Heavy Twin Carronade -- Increased spread (from 2.5 degrees to 6)
- Banshee Rocket Carousel -- Increased direct and area damage (from 15/20 to 20/25) -- Added chance to cause fires (12% chance of 3 charges on direct hit, 30% chance of 1 charge on area hit) -- Decreased spread (from 5 degrees to 3) -- Reduced burst area radius (from 14 to 8)
- Dragon Tongue Light Flamethrower -- Increased damage per particle (from 3 to 4) -- Reduced chance to add fire charge per particle (from 25% to 13%)
- Artemis Light Rocket Launcher -- Decreased area radius from 4 to 3 -- Decreased direct damage from 80 to 60 -- Increased area damage from 70 to 120
- Other skills: -- Tar Barrel clouds slightly larger (by about 30%) -- Lochnagar Shot: rate of fire reduction change to -25% (from -15%), spread reduction increased to -100% (from -90%), rotation speed penalty increased to -100% (from -95%) -- Lesmok Rounds: rotation speed penalty changed to -40% (from -30%) -- Doubled the number of hits required to rebuild guns and engines
- Squid received small boost to armor, from 200 to 220 (Charged Rounds + Field Gun now requires 2 shots to destroy full Squid armor)
- Other damage type changes: -- Explosive damage multiplier against armor reduced to 0.3 (from 0.5) -- Flechette damage multiplier against armor increased to 0.5 (from 0.2) -- Flechette damage multiplier against hull health decreased to 0.2 (from 0.3)
- Reduced damage dealt by sandstorms (from 7 to 5 shatter damage per second)
Fixes and Optimization - Fixed a small difference in vertical positioning of gun interaction boxes between client and server (previously you could get kicked off the gun unexpectedly in edge cases) - Projectiles that detonate due to damage no longer cause friendly fire. - Spectators: Opening the menu in spectator mode no longer resets your position - Spectators: Fixed interest management issue that could cause guns or engines to disappear from ships near the edge of the map or in cloud cover. - Optimized most level and ship assets to reduce vert count, texture size, and draw count where possible. Should improve frame rate, particularly on low-end machines.
Player - Call for video submission! Show off how and why you fly in a 2 min short video, and add another 2 minutes of you and your crew in game. All for a chance to win a one-of-a-kind Guns of Icarus Online bullet USB. http://gunsoficarus.com/community/blog/we-want-to-hear-from-you/
- Facebook and Steam like drive still going on. We are 500 away from 2000 recommends on Steam, and a bit over 2,500 likes on facebook, so plenty of chances to win stuff still. Give us a like and help us spread the word!
- Inaugural “the Cogs” league open for sign ups! http://gunsoficarus.com/community/forumarchive/discussion/1202/guns-of-icarus-league-official-sign-up#Item_3