Updates to ProtoGalaxy have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:ProtoGalaxy v1.0.5
- It is now possible to join network games while missions are in progress.
- Fixed a bug where network clients would sometimes lag behind the server, causing sync issues.
- Fixed a rare bug where some enemies would survive upon taking fatal damage.
- Fixed some cursor movement speed inconsistencies during the game.
- Fixed a bug where some users would crash on launching the game.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when joining new players on the campaign menu.
- Fixed a bug where a users host name on the Join Screen was sometimes missing a character.
- Hot key controls are now set by default for the first Controller for new game installations.
- Improved changing controls from the pause menu.
- It is no longer possible to remove required controls from the Pause Menu.
ProtoGalaxy v 1.0.4
- Added some basic default triggers to new maps created in the editor to help new users work on maps.
- Added a new editor mode to the Campaign Editor to allow changing component stats.
- Added hotkeys for switching weapons. This allows players to switch actions without using the radial menu. NOTE: For users already playing ProtoGalaxy, you will need to reset your controller in the options menu to get the hotkeys added to the control settings.
- Added option for hotkeys to fire rather than just switch action.
- Added option for aiming controls that are independent of ship movement.
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes happen after playing for a long time.
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes happen while playing sounds.
- Fixed a bug where some valid screen resolutions were not being listed in the options menu.
- Added buttons to switch between 16bpp and 32bpp screen modes.
- Added options for turning off damage and helper text in missions.
- The laser graphic is now larger so it is easier to tell when it will cause damage.
- Made text boxes much easier to see.
- Added a note to host screen indicating the game's port number (11334).
- Allowed networked computers with no players to access menu while in mission.
- The pause menu can now set multiple controls for each action similar to the main menu.
- Fix a crash related to the network game list.
- Allow controllers to scroll lists on the main menu similar to the campaign menu.
- Upgraded player profile file format to allow for future additions.
- The game now identifies profiles that are invalid and prevents them from crashing the game.
- Fixed a crash related to selling components in the shop.
- The cursor on the campaign mission select screen now updates across the network.
- Levels can now have up to three missions.
- You can now place objects in a campaign map.
- If a mission has no objectives, the campaign menu now has text to state that.
- Using the move region command in a map with no regions no longer causes game to freeze.
- You can now set the maximum x and y rotation of player ships.