Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
Product Update - Valve
Nov 29, 2010
Updates to Star Ruler have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- Ships in invalid positions could crash the sound system if they ever played a sound. This should also fix random, extreme slowdowns experienced by some people.
- Comets now orbit farther away from stars.
- A change in 126.96.36.199 broke script-based target weighting. Will fix jump drives, mining lasers, repair tools, and a few other specialized weapons/tools.
- Overlapped sub systems in the blueprint editor now only glow when one is a modifier.
- The AI will no longer try to retrofit ships in contested systems.
- Repeat mode no longer crashes.
- Fixed a possible cause of saves that crash on load. Old saves won't be fixed, but the problem should be eliminated for future saves.
- Fixed a crash caused by a distant ship icon updating while the ship was being destroyed.
- Planet conditions were not applying all of their alterations.
- Ships would randomly "vanish" mid-flight.
- Actually fixed crash in servers with single thread mode on. Also speeds up single thread mode a bit.
- Mods were not being loaded in multiplayer.
- Reordered economic events. Running out of metals should no longer throttle your economy!
- Fixed hull-related crashes. Existing saves cannot be fixed, if that is the source of their crashes. Sorry about that.
- Transfer orders will no longer try to take from docked ships.
- Ships could get stuck and unselectable after jumping.
- Possible fix for an infinite loop in fleets.
- Planets would forget their repeat state on load if they didn't have anything in their queue.
- Fixed a crash caused by having a dying ship selected.
- Fixed a pure virtual function call caused by OrderList.
- Saving a blueprint with the same name as a manually obsoleted one would not save it.
- AIs were ignoring Dreadnaughts they built.
- Fixed various crashes related to fleets.
- Asserts are no longer compiled into release (small performance improvement)
- Tutorial scrollbars for localizations.
- Blueprint AI settings didn't work for multiplayer clients.
- Blueprint AI settings were not being exported.
- Fixed a bug that would spam the console with errors.
- Control+click build now works everywhere you'd expect (system window, build on best context menu).
- Importing a design with errors (ie subsystems not unlocked yet) now displays those in a message box instead of failing silently.
- Improved the comet trail.
- Updated German translation.
- Moved system and planet generation to a server script (map_generation.as) so mods can change it.
- Ships that fire weapons in the galaxy will become visible to all players. Note: Planets in the galaxy are always visible to everyone.
- Added three new tracks by Artem Bank.
- Event notification sounds for pending treaties or finishing the research queue.
- Added speed and distance indicators to the mouse over info. 1 AU = 1000 units.
- If pirates are allowed to become wealthy, they can now launch multiple simultaneous raids.
- Added new Fighter, Hauler, and Satellite models, and added LODs for the station.
- Added an option for a 'standard' camera, which cannot roll. Use this if you find that you cannot effectively use the default camera.
- All ships with thrust can be toggled to "Park in orbit": when they stop, they will start orbiting the closest planet or star.
- New structure: Planetary Thruster. Unlocked at Propulsion 16, Gravitics 6 and Megaconstruction 6, allows you to move planets.
- Blueprint AI setting to control whether other ships are allowed to fetch resources (fuel, etc) from that blueprint.
- Blueprint AI settings to limit attack targetting to only planets/ships.
- Blueprint AI settings to limit deposit targets to only planets/ships. (ie Miners' deposit ore orders).
- Binary star systems and asteroid belt systems.