Steam client update released
Client Update - Valve
Jul 19, 2010
A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:
- Fixed words immediately followed by a newline not wrapping properly.
- Fixed the "Login" button in the login dialog from being enabled when no text has been entered in either field.
- Fixed the "Next" button in the retrieve account wizard being enabled when no text has been entered.
- Fixed the "Next" button in the activate CD key dialog being enabled when no text has been entered.
- Improved error messages for certain purchase failures
- Fixed "multiple cache instantiation error" on game launch
- Fix crashes that could occur while typing over a selection with an IME enabled
- When receiving the “chat from new user” introduction dialog, make a click on the other correspondent’s avatar go to their profile
- Better hit testing and copy-to-clipboard behavior in chat windows
- Fixed occasional stuttering caused by unlocking achievements.
- Extended Steam Hardware Survey to now be the Steam Hardware & Software Survey