Painkiller: Resurrection Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Jan 26, 2010
Updates to Painkiller: Resurrection have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- New AI System blending the direct approach used now and a sophisticated way-point system. In most areas, Monsters can not only chase you through complex architecture, you`ll also see them taking different ways in order to outrun you, and sometimes even retreat and trying to get into your back.
- Better Char models / animations: Our 3D Artist gave another shots at the new monsters and improved some of them.
- In-game MP hosting reactivated (dedicated server not needed anymore)
- Competitive MP crash-fixed and tweaked (Dropped weapons look, jumping walls, etc.)
- Co-op for up to 8 (if you like madness, even 16) players (although 2-4 is the best number to try) and with up to 50 monsters at once to fight them as team
- New maps and some new surprises in the levels themselves are on their way too.
Please keep in mind the following:
- Do not use your old saved games!
- You do not need the dedicated server .exe any more. You can host multiplayer games in-game. To ensure all can join, we suggest you deactivate the purescripts in the .ini files by setting them to "false"
- The best thing to do is to delete the old Painkiller Resurrection folder in your Local Settings / Application Data