Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
Product Update - Valve
Jan 26, 2010
Updates to Painkiller: Resurrection have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- New AI System blending the direct approach used now and a sophisticated way-point system. In most areas, Monsters can not only chase you through complex architecture, you`ll also see them taking different ways in order to outrun you, and sometimes even retreat and trying to get into your back.
- Better Char models / animations: Our 3D Artist gave another shots at the new monsters and improved some of them.
- In-game MP hosting reactivated (dedicated server not needed anymore)
- Competitive MP crash-fixed and tweaked (Dropped weapons look, jumping walls, etc.)
- Co-op for up to 8 (if you like madness, even 16) players (although 2-4 is the best number to try) and with up to 50 monsters at once to fight them as team
- New maps and some new surprises in the levels themselves are on their way too.
Please keep in mind the following:
- Do not use your old saved games!
- You do not need the dedicated server .exe any more. You can host multiplayer games in-game. To ensure all can join, we suggest you deactivate the purescripts in the .ini files by setting them to "false"
- The best thing to do is to delete the old Painkiller Resurrection folder in your Local Settings / Application Data