Counter-Strike Source Beta Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Sep 8, 2004
An update to the Counter-Strike: Source beta has just been released. Steam will update itself automatically when you restart. Here is a list of the changes:
- COUNTER-STRIKE: SOURCE BETA CHANGES / ADDITIONS:
- Stopped spectator camera jumping to the wrong player.
- Several fixes to allow Windows 98/ME to work.
- Added spray-logo import ability in the Options dialog.
- Added support for binding non QWERTY (i.e. AZERTY) keyboard keys.
- Improved player movement on high latency links (smoothing out the experience).
- Improved auto-pickup behavior for CS weapons.
- Fixed splash screen not showing up immediately when starting the game in full screen in some cases.
- Players switched via mp_autoteambalance do not lose items, score, or equipment.
- Fixed upper-case characters not being usable in the buy or team selection menus.
- Terrorists now win if all hostages are dead and round timer expires.
- Enabled message of the day.
- Added extra CPU support for Linux dedicated server.